Votes: 14 17.3%
  • A N Other

Votes: 5 6.2%

• Total voters

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
What is wrong with people? We have a head coach who picks the team and decides tactics for each game. OG will advise that type of players we need for the system he wants to play and Burke then gets the scouting network to look for them. When they are identified then I very much suspect OG gets to have final say. Burke and possible Barber then have to negotiate with the selling club and the player. I don't honestly see how it can work any other way. Do people really expect a manager to go and scout other players on top of running training on a day to day basis. Compare it to working for a company. You tell HR that you need a certain type of person for a role in your department. They go to the agencies, advertise and review the CVs. You then get to see the CVs of those that match your job spec and you select some for interview (in OGs case that probably means watching a few videos and maybe getting to a game).

I know. There seem to be a few anti-Oscar sad acts on this board at the moment. Is it a full moon ???

Jaguar_uk

Jun 1, 2013
What is wrong with people? We have a head coach who picks the team and decides tactics for each game. OG will advise that type of players we need for the system he wants to play and Burke then gets the scouting network to look for them. When they are identified then I very much suspect OG gets to have final say. Burke and possible Barber then have to negotiate with the selling club and the player. I don't honestly see how it can work any other way. Do people really expect a manager to go and scout other players on top of running training on a day to day basis. Compare it to working for a company. You tell HR that you need a certain type of person for a role in your department. They go to the agencies, advertise and review the CVs. You then get to see the CVs of those that match your job spec and you select some for interview (in OGs case that probably means watching a few videos and maybe getting to a game).

This is it exactly, only thing is that because we unlike others are taking the FFP thing seriously many of our targets are taking offers from other clubs which you can't blame them for.
It's rather like the EU, we in Britain follow all the ridiculous rules and regs, the French just shrug their shoulders and ignore it.

Last edited:

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Did the Poyet saga create some sort of drama/conspiracy addiction on here or something? So many threads implying (not necessarily in the title) that Burke/Jones/Barber/TB are really in charge and Garcia is clearly just a front for the whole thing, mostly based on absolutely sod all. Unreal.

In terms of the poll, to my mind;

Oscar is the manager in the sense that he deals with team selection/tactics and highlighting areas that need improving...realistically, the most important bit.
Jones is the assistant manager so he...you know...assists OG (including interviews, a sign of the apocalypse)
Burke tries to meet the requests of OG in line with any club policy (leaving time for OG to deal with the players he has, a good thing?) and talks any potential signings through with above.
Barber/Bloom deal with policy and money stuff, which seems to be a completely thankless task.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Well on the basis that he has unsettled half our players in the transfer period and this has resulted in players not being available, I rest my case.

I don't think Bridcutt constitutes half our players.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Did the Poyet saga create some sort of drama/conspiracy addiction on here or something? So many threads implying (not necessarily in the title) that Burke/Jones/Barber/TB are really in charge and Garcia is clearly just a front for the whole thing, mostly based on absolutely sod all. Unreal.

In terms of the poll, to my mind;

Oscar is the manager in the sense that he deals with team selection/tactics and highlighting areas that need improving...realistically, the most important bit.
Jones is the assistant manager so he...you know...assists OG (including interviews, a sign of the apocalypse)
Burke tries to meet the requests of OG in line with any club policy (leaving time for OG to deal with the players he has, a good thing?) and talks any potential signings through with above.
Barber/Bloom deal with policy and money stuff, which seems to be a completely thankless task.

Careful, you are talking sense. That will not go down to well on here with some. They like the drama, it fills the void in their life's.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
In my head, I imagine Oscar, Tony, Paul, David and Nathan all huddled round a computer screen in a darkend room together for two hours before every match; trawling North Stand Chat for team selection ideas, formations, opposition tips and to vote for Shrimps and Hippos.

WE are the Manager.

We've ALWAYS been the Manager.

Forever, and ever, and ever.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here