Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

half time

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
There were a lot of idiots in our following today, mountain out of a molehill comes to mind.

It also isnt hard to sit in the seat you are given.

So true I don't understand our fans mentality sometimes, everybody knew it was a sell out so anybody with an ounce of common sense would realise they needs to sit where their ticket said otherwise there would be problems and then its all the stewards fault. When we have big away followings at the Amex I cannot recall anytime when you could see issues over seating.

An example, one fifty something and his teenage son arrived with a group of other fifty somethings, most of the group went to their allocated seats and father was moaning he wanted to stand with his freinds so stood in the gangway, right in front of his son, who could then see a thing. They got told numerous times to move so kept trying to push their way in where other were standing, pure selfishness.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I'm not wishing to be confrontational, but the stewards are told to do their job and that is to guide the person to their seat (primarily).

I worked as a steward at Cheltenham Town for a while and generally people treated you as an absolute moron. I was on the away end at Whaddon Road, so there was no real issue with sit where your ticket is, but I imagine that it would not be fun telling people to sit where they bought their seat.

Maybe the police got involved as the member of staff felt threatened?

Obviously there are stewards who want some sort of aggression. I found that to be rife in my short career.

Whatever you think of crowding problems, it would be avioded if everyone sat in their own seats. If you have a group of people, buy in advance. Why is football different to other walks in life?

I went on a stag do to Cardiff last year and we made sure we had seats together. It's not impossible.

Or maybe football clubs need to move with the times and designate areas. If it is an identity thing, there is nothing stopping you from swapping.

This is the crux of the problem, you don't have a choice in the first place.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here