Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Greer - dire

LowerWesty

LowerWesty
Aug 16, 2012
Hassocks
Have to say I'm surprised at the level of disappointment/criticism in this thread, regarding GG's performance at Watford. In the past whenever anyone criticised him on NSC, they were taken to task and firmly told he was the Captain and could be relied on to play a central role in the team.

I must admit that I have always consider him to be unreliable, every time the ball comes his way there is a perceptible feeling of unease. If the ball is followed by an opponent, what he will do is anyone's guess. Sometimes it turns out OK, but more than often the ball is scuffed into the West Stand, passed back to the goalie, putting him under undue pressure, or cunningly passed to an opposition player. At this latest match he excelled, gave away a goal and got a yellow, hardly what you expect from a capable captain.

Speaking of captains, ours seems to run around waving his arms in the air, with nobody appearing to take any notice, if there's need to discuss something with the ref, or the opposition, it's usual to see one of the other players getting involved. Gordon doesn't appear to have the authority required to be a captain.

As others have said, the majority of his passes are across the pitch, or backwards. Gordon appeared to always do what Gus wanted, i.e. play deep, build up, pass back, build up etc. and then very often unwittingly passed to a player surrounded by the opposition.

Many of my group say he's steady, but I'm afraid that isn't enough to cut the mustard anymore.

Sorry Gordon.

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
One thing's for certain OG is going to have to sort out the defence in the close season, have a good look at the ages of 3 of the current back 4. At the moment IMO only 1 is impressing every week and I believe him, Upson, is the oldest.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
When he takes his kit off, he'll presumably find Ross McCormack in the pocket somewhere. Credit where it's due, eh?

Not just that -- we showed Leeds up tonight, they're entirely dependent on McCormack -- but, while keeping the 21-goal king quiet, Greer also launched three delicious missiles from one end of the pitch to the other. I actually think his passing his good (while accepting that tonight is a good time to say this), it's just his lack of pace that causing the odd advanced heart beat...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Him and Upson were near perfect tonight. Without Bruno's creativity GG trusted himself to play a couple of lovely cross field passes as well, good to see.

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
25 goals conceded in 30 games. Such a bad dedensive record it ranks us third in the amount of goals let in with only Burnley (24) and QPR (21) with better defensive record than us.

Hope you detected the sarcasm in my last post! A very occasional poor game aside, he's been rock solid alongside Upson in a very good back 4.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here