Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Greer - dire

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Our problem today was not Gordon Greer.

It was attempting to play tippy tappy football without the organisation. Poyet ALWAYS had us organised, under Oscar we don't have the same understanding across the back 5/6.

Today was a disgrace. One of the worst displays I've seen in years.

Oscar has some serious questions to answer and I'll be watching the Donny game expecting some answers.

Jaguar_uk

Jun 1, 2013

It was attempting to play tippy tappy football without the organisation. Poyet ALWAYS had us organised, under Oscar we don't have the same understanding across the back 5/6.

Oscar has some serious questions to answer and I'll be watching the Donny game expecting some answers.

The more I see the less I like, by this stage of the season oscar should have improved the team but we seem to going backwards at the moment.

Ralphingtonpuss

May 27, 2010
Nottingham
Yes but unless he gets to play a few games that won't happen. Look how often other players cost us when they are playing week in week out. It seems this thought pattern is always the one put forward time and again. You say if, I say when he plays a few games we will know then 😃

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Donny won't know if Dunk will be out to finish the job on Billy Sharp until the team sheet goes in after this performance from Gordon Greer

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
The knock kneed Jesse was so bad today even he couldn't find anyone else to blame.
I'm saddened that we lost so wholehearted and committed a player as Adam El Abd in order to accommodate him.

I could not agree more.

Adam El Abd was fantastic, again, in his too short spell in the team this season. And then, as soon as Greer regained fitness, Adam was unjustifiably discarded. He should always have been in the team ahead of Greer over the last two seasons.

Letting Adam leave was a huge mistake, in my opinion, for the reason above, but also because you need characters like him around the place. His departure, and a couple of others, will present a real challenge for team morale.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Getting rid of Elphick and Cook now seems like a monumental mistake.

100% correct. We've done some foolish things, they're two of them ... letting GM go was of course a third ... "we don't need Glen Murray any more" sounds a bit hollow right now.

... and would have loved to see Barnes on the pitch in Albion colours today. At least he always gave 100% ... no player out there today came close except for March.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Imodium is good for a case of dire-Greer

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I could not agree more.

Adam El Abd was fantastic, again, in his too short spell in the team this season. And then, as soon as Greer regained fitness, Adam was unjustifiably discarded. He should always have been in the team ahead of Greer over the last two seasons.

Letting Adam leave was a huge mistake, in my opinion, for the reason above, but also because you need characters like him around the place. His departure, and a couple of others, will present a real challenge for team morale.

AEA was shocking at Charlton.

There is no doubt letting him and Barnes especially leave is a monumental mistake.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Getting rid of Elphick and Cook now seems like a monumental mistake.[/QUOTE

1. No thanks Dunk isnt the answer
2. Letting them go wasnt a mistake at the time.
3. Not replacing El Abd was more crucial, but there is still the loan window to rectify that

Completely disagree re point 2, as has already been proven. Barnes should have been offered at least what Burnley gave him. AEA should have been given the opportunity to keep the shirt. Greer came back too quickly and is not much better than AEA if at all.

Dunk is not good enough. Re point 3, let's hope.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

Perhaps we are missing a certain defensive midfielder?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
[Ralphingtonpuss;6171861]Greer rested......Dunk in!![/QUOTE]

Oh and here's Dunks biggest fan, you just can't help yourself can you.
IMHO he isnt ready or reliable enough to not make a rash tackle so would stick with Greer rather than play In a perfect world I would get someone in on loan so as to rest Greer. This is just an opinion much the same as you think he is an improvement but the one whose opinion matters is OG.

Last edited:

Ralphingtonpuss

May 27, 2010
Nottingham
As someone mentioned earlier, now my words not theirs,but GG wouldn't make a tackle if his life depended on it!! At least LD gets stuck in and when he plays more, he will learn the right and wrong time to do this.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
IMHO he isnt ready or reliable enough to not make a rash tackle so would stick with Greer rather than play In a perfect world I woukdget someone in on loan so as to rest Greer. This is just zn opinion much the same as you ghink he is a nimprovdment.

Wddfhgkl you old frzzxew

bigcabboy

Nov 7, 2011
greer been shocking for a while now woefully slow totally apalling today and remember the home game with watford when he let the ball clearly go over the line only to somehow go unoticed by the officials dinosaur!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here