Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Back from the game

HitchinSeagull

Aug 9, 2012
also think that with Bruno and dave on the same side we are a liability. both of them far to eager to attack and then cant be bothered to track back once they unsurprisingly compromise possession. really feel that you have to only use one of the two as both goals ame from runs in positions that they were meant to be occupying; granted greer was at fault but still should be more support at the back.

I'd definitely agree, the first goal was even more annoying than the total cock up by Greer for the second, the overlap was obvious for a long passage of play after Dave and Bruno had left a yawning gap in the defence, I wouldn't mind if they did it while pouring forward but we passed sideways and backwards constantly so the defensive risk was utterly pointless!

Dec 29, 2011
Watford wanted it more than us today. End of. I hate to say it but that was how it looked.

That's what you get when you have people who are here for money and not because they want to play for the club. Bruno/Lopez/Ulloa can all fit in that category, they don't seem to have a burning desire to win. Upson, Calderon and Kuszczak on the other hand look like they'd lose a left bollock to win every game.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
theres a bit of a consensus it seems from those who went..all ball and no end product

The ball was just being stroked around, no crisp passing like we can, and it was often hurried because Watford were closing us down.
I really think we missed Crofts and Ince, and Leo NEEDS good balls and help imo.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
From the radio it appearred that Forestieri was the best player on the field and like at The Amex caused us many problems.

I actually thought Forestieri could have caused us much greater problems, he is a dangerous player but his best openings were gifted to him by our defence.

It isn't rocket science to see Watford benefit from having Deeney and Forestieri playing off each other and also getting decent support high up the pitch. Yet Watford aren't really that special. It was our own tactics and errors for two soft goals that really beat us today.

Davey Boy Smith

Jul 5, 2003
Disappointing today. Sat in the home end with a friend from work so I'd like to think I had a slightly different perspective. Poor positioning by Bruno cost us the first, and poor back pass the second. I don't think Watford created much saying that Foresterreri was the best player of the pitch.

Spanish Dave for some reason doesn't appear to be the same player as last season. The lack of pace and width especially in the first half was disappointing. Lua Lua was playing in the centre circle most of the second half for some reason and as has already been said anonymous.

Positives for me were Orandli getting more minutes and beginning to look sharp again, Spanish Rodney getting in to some promising positions and March. We really need to give better service to Ulloa and I'm not sure where this ball over the top from 40 yards came from but needs to be changed for width or short passing on the floor.

Bring on Saturday...

gravnast

Nov 13, 2012
That's what you get when you have people who are here for money and not because they want to play for the club. Bruno/Lopez/Ulloa can all fit in that category, they don't seem to have a burning desire to win. Upson, Calderon and Kuszczak on the other hand look like they'd lose a left bollock to win every game.

Agree, Bruno/Lopez/Ulloa are very talented they just don't show it enough!!

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
How Lopez get near the pitch is beyond me, one decent game all season and still gets picked , if he was English he'd be playing for Eastbourne

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patreon
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Spanish Dave is frustrating. We've seen how good he can be but so often this season we haven't seen him deliver. Add jfc to our midfield and we're too light from the start. Ulloa needs service and won't get it from a midfield that is being bullied.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Absolutely devoid of any passion on the pitch and from the Manager/Coaching Staff. To play 30 minutes with a lone striker and no wingers - bizarre. Solly March and Dale Stephens - 2 positives amongst a sea of negatives.

I want a Manager & Coach that show a bit of passion - I want a team that shows passion & I want a Captain that leads by example.

Selling Barnes, with no adequate replacement, is potentially as big a mistake as losing Murray.

But hey all is well, because we are Premier League Ready ! Joke.

Forceful stuff from one of the elder statesmen on the fans' side of the fence!

Landgull

Oct 30, 2009
Very frustrating today. Lopez filled a jersey is the best thing I can say about him. Solly did more within 30 seconds of coming on than Lopez had done all match. The 2 edge of the box volleys Lopez had were embarrassing at best! Surely time to bench him and give Solly a run in the side. Same old problem loads of possession but no end product. Can't remember Almunia having a serious save to make. Watford were a poor side, we gave them 2 goals and never looked like getting on terms. Defensively we looked poor but to be fair we started with such a lack of pace that we didn't have an outlet so most of our possession was in our own half. Leo looks frustrated and hasn't got his touch back yet, overall a bad day at the office for the team and the management!

Totally agree with this.

Landgull

Oct 30, 2009
Ulloa didn't win a lot because it was two on one almost every single time. He was doing his best but the odds were against him.

Under Poyet we played a game that pulled players out of position which allowed Ulloa to move into dangerous places and away from the CB's. Oscar simply isn't setting us up right to do that. We're aimlessly floating the ball into one bloke who's got two CB's on him, no support and no options. I'd be going spare if I were him.

This.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
If anybody found a Hushpuppy size 9 can they pm me cheers very sentiMENTAL. Dunno why i bothered putting the size 9 bit as i doubt many were lost but you get the general idea :shrug:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here