Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Time for a British manager and 4-4-2

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
If Gus was still here, we'd probably going up as Champions this year.

It works, but not if we sell our best players and don't replace them.

Rubbish. Gus had the perfect chance last year. He also would not have coped with the injuries this year without throwing his toys out the pram

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Exactly this.

If Gus was given a bit more money to invest, he would not have left, and we would be recieving the financial benefits of the premier league next season. Terrible mistake from Bloom/Barber

Where would this money have come from? How would you feel if you'd given the club £120M only for people to say, "Please sir. Can I have some more?"

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If Gus was still here, we'd probably going up as Champions this year.

It works, but not if we sell our best players and don't replace them.

Glad he's not our problem anymore.

2 failed attempts at promotion from this league.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Attitudes like that of the OP are the reason why English football is in the state it's in.

Have to agree. It's totally static, predictable and unimaginative and only the English seem to think it has merit. The Albion have moved away from this style of football and it will be a total disaster to return to it. What next? Long balls and huff and puff?

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
Do you always resort to insults when people say things you disagree with?

Every season Gus was here he improved our squad and league position radically. He's a phenomenal manager and I have absolutely no doubt we would have improved on last year if he was still our manager, which considering we finished fourth doesn't leave many spots left.

A phenomenal manager who had already announced to his team that he wouldn't be there for the next season. A manager who praised every team he'd ever been associated with apart from us Chelsea, Tottenham even Leeds. A manager who announced yesterday that beating Newcastle was his greatest achievement as a manager, We should have gone up automatic last year with the squad he had at his disposal. The man has missed out he could have built a dynasty here. Have you seen the training complex that TB has built. This is a building for the future for the future of our club.
Poyet went because he wanted to,

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I agree lets bring hinshlewood back

Apart from maybe a spot of occasional decorating for cash in hand, I imagine Jeff Wood is also "looking". He'd surely pass the OP's requisite racial purity test.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
The new manager directs the front 6

blog-jones-250210.gif

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Christ on a bike, give Oscar time he is in his first season getting used the Championship and English football whilst the club are trying to build a philosophy, style and identity of our own within the constraints of financial fair play. this was and has been all about the long game. A new training ground up and runing next season and a manager who will have a season of adjustment under his belt, we will move forward. I want some stability at the club in terms of management and Tony and Oscar are the two I trust.

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Christ on a bike, give Oscar time he is in his first season getting used the Championship and English football whilst the club are trying to build a philosophy, style and identity of our own within the constraints of financial fair play. this was and has been all about the long game. A new training ground up and runing next season and a manager who will have a season of adjustment under his belt, we will move forward. I want some stability at the club in terms of management and Tony and Oscar are the two I trust.

Thing is I'm not sure what are identity is. Under Poyet we had an identity (like it or not) and played a particular brand of football.
We were told Oscar was brought in to continue this but in a more attacking manner.
I have seen no evidence of either continuing that style or attacking more.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here