Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Time for a British manager and 4-4-2

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Hospital in Plaistow east London. Cant get any more English than that by birth, Ghanaian Father. Irish mother

Where was he born?
Ah, but he still chose to play for Ireland.

That conscious decision to choose one nation over another implies that he wanted to be considered as Irish, rather than his natural English default.

Just to make sure we're all on the same page, I genuinely couldn't care less whether he counts as British or not, I'm just keeping myself occupied whilst waiting for my 14 month old to finally go to sleep. Once that's achieved, I'll be off to dream of the unbeaten season we're about to enjoy...maybe.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Ah, but he still chose to play for Ireland.

That conscious decision to choose one nation over another implies that he wanted to be considered as Irish, rather than his natural English default.

Just to make sure we're all on the same page, I genuinely couldn't care less whether he counts as British or not, I'm just keeping myself occupied whilst waiting for my 14 month old to finally go to sleep. Once that's achieved, I'll be off to dream of the unbeaten season we're about to enjoy...maybe.

Nah...he wanted to be an International footballer, something he would not have achieved with England. Nothing to do with wanting to be 'considered Irish'.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Nah...he wanted to be an International footballer, something he would not haves achieved with England. Nothing to do with wanting to be 'considered Irish'.
Well, yeah, that would make the most sense (what with it probably being the truth) but I like my answer more, prompts more of a discussion!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Dec 29, 2011
Football really isn't rocket science !!

I think you miss the part of the plan where you spend a shed load of money on players and wages. Don't be fooled, our wage bill is one of the largest in the league. The likes of Zamora, Bong, Murphy, Kayal, Stephens, Uwe, Hemed et al. aren't on low wages.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think you miss the part of the plan where you spend a shed load of money on players and wages. Don't be fooled, our wage bill is one of the largest in the league. The likes of Zamora, Bong, Murphy, Kayal, Stephens, Uwe, Hemed et al. aren't on low wages.
At least this years high wages are being earned.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here