Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A few moans

bhamex1901

Dec 20, 2010
I am as frustrated as the next fan but that is utter tosh. U have clearly forgotten the games on end that we played under poyet with no shot let alone one on target.

No I have not - I would rather have Poyet as although we were playing a similar way to how we are playing now we still managed to pick up points. Plus that was only a few games - I can't see this changing - and he had the chance to over January!

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
What a ridiculous thing to say... Don't care what the reaction will be Poyet's football was much better than what we are currently playing.

Selective memory there me thinks we played some dire football under Gus at times. How many times did we sit frustrated at the Amex watching just CMS and Buckley trying to attack a back line? How many games did we struggle to put a shot on target? The answer is loads

D

Deleted member 22389

Must admit I would like just once to see a different formation.
4-4-2 or what about 4-3-3 stick the strikers on and just see what happens. Give it a go against Doncaster, nothing to lose.
Can't expect Ulloa to do all the work. It was the same with CMS last season wasn't it. 3 defenders against 1, your not going to stand a bloody chance.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Must admit I would like just once to see a different formation.
4-4-2 or what about 4-3-3 stick the strikers on and just see what happens. Give it a go against Doncaster, nothing to lose.
Can't expect Ulloa to do all the work. It was the same with CMS last season wasn't it. 3 defenders against 1, your not going to stand a bloody chance.

Thing is it's not as simple as "go 4-4-2" or "stick two up top". Our problem is our lack of creativity as well as Ulloa not having enough support. We need to play with two out and out wingers, not Dave and Orlandi who don't have the pace to beat a man, and play a more advanced attacking midfielder just behind Ulloa (where Orlandi or Dave should perform better IMO). A sort of 4-2-3-1 formation.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I am as frustrated as the next fan but that is utter tosh. U have clearly forgotten the games on end that we played under poyet with no shot let alone one on target.

So have I, apparently. I can only remember one game in the last two seasons under Gus where we failed to muster a shot, v Bristol City, in which Hoskins was injured, Barnes was injured (possibly taken sick that morning if my memory serves me), Dobbie had gone to Palace, and CMS got injured before half time (and still hasn't returned).

Selective memory there me thinks we played some dire football under Gus at times. How many times did we sit frustrated at the Amex watching just CMS and Buckley trying to attack a back line? How many games did we struggle to put a shot on target? The answer is loads

The answer is 3. Bristol last season, where there were no shots, let alone none on target, and Watford (5 shots) and Southampton (4 shots) the season before. For Southampton we were down to 10 men.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful

Just so true, take off the rose tinted glasses, some of Poyet's football was the most negative and boring I have witnessed as an Albion fan. Before we beat palace at home in the league our results were tragic.

Don't fire till you see the whites of their eyes, hold your nerve and keep calm. It can never get any worse than losing to Palace at home in the playoffs in such a lacklustre and poor fashion and who was the manager then, Poyet. Never forget!!

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
No I have not - I would rather have Poyet as although we were playing a similar way to how we are playing now we still managed to pick up points. Plus that was only a few games - I can't see this changing - and he had the chance to over January!

Generally, Oscars game is much more exciting to watch than Poyet. Remember Poyet did not have the injury problems experienced by Oscar and Poyet didn't have a **** of a previous manager to ruin his pre season!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
That Bristol City game was awful - 0-0 against the league's weakest team. What made it more frustrating were the obvious negative tactics from the off: Ulloa dropped after scoring a hat trick 3 days earlier; CMS isolated up front until his injury, then it was Ulloa's turn; no other subs made despite having KLL running up and down the touch line keeping warm for most of the 2nd half.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here