Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Oscar Interview In The Mirror

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
This is not Garcia V Poyet it is looking at the statements and the facts. We have scored the fewest goals away from home off all the 24 clubs, including Yeovil.

Those facts do not lie US but let's go a little deeper. Terrible injuries up front that we all know about and a realistic approach in who we can bring in because of the need to settle the overspending issue. I really feel TB is biding his time and as long as Oscar knows this and is here for the long run then I think we'll be ok. Whether Oscar is good enough remains to be seen. It's still very early days. I'm not overly worried at the moment.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
In your opinion we are doing poorly, yet a win today could put us 7th 4 points behind 6th with a game in hand. Take into account the awful run of injuries, bridcutt's virtual non existence all season and the money spent by the teams around us let alone the club recovering from an awful summer and I'd say that so far he's done a fantastic job so far. The football IS more attacking, we DO get the ball forward a lot quicker we are just not clinical enough ATM, something Oscar so far shares with Gus.

I can't see where anyone is saying we are doing poorly!

As far as I am concerned we are doing better than I expected considering all the turmoil we have been through - having said that we are not in the position we are in though because we are playing by OG's philosophy, i.e. attack, attack, attack. Obviously not having the tools to play in the way OG espouses is a major problem yet as a club, (manager, directors and owner), we don't appear to be taking active steps to provide those tools.

I am impressed with the start OG has made and look forward to at some time in the future to the team playing in the way he says he wants them to - in the meantime I haven't really seen any evidence of this:- "I grew up in Barcelona and it is my way, my style, to play by keeping possession and trying to score as many goals as possible."

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Even Stevie Wonder can see we've gone backwards this season under Oscar, all these interviews and articles saying how good he is mean nothing, the only thing that counts is success on the pitch and in that aspect we are failing miserably. We've no chance of getting to the play offs this season.

Considering the injury list this season, it's a miracle we haven't been flirting with the bottom six let alone looking at the play-offs. Don't see how anyone could have done better.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Oh well, what started as a positive thread has turned into a knockfest :smile:

Thanks US, life is shit as an Albion fan eh?

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
We have scored the fewest goals away from home off all the 24 clubs, including Yeovil.

Are you sure about that because the table I'm looking at has us scored 11 away from home with Millwall on 10 and Wigan, Doncaster and Barnsley on 9.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
We've got the best away defence in the Championship and joint 2nd best overall with Burnley.

And if we had had a fit Ulloa, CMS, Hoskins, Buckley and Orlandi all season I don't think we would be that far behind them either Bully.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
We've got the best away defence in the Championship and joint 2nd best overall with Burnley.

But of course if Lord Poyet had still been here things would have been so much better. :bla:

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
And if we had had a fit Ulloa, CMS, Hoskins, Buckley and Orlandi all season I don't think we would be that far behind them either Bully.

Your probably right as it's the attacking area where we've really suffered with injuries this season.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
That is great, but he'll need time. Are we patient enough?

I think the vast majority are. Most realise that he's done a good job in tough circumstances this season, I can only see us getting better next year under his management. This season feels like the beginning of something, it's not been quite right but it's moving in the right direction.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
This thread started so well. *sigh*

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I miss Gus, but, I think Oscar will do bigger and better things both here and in his career after us. I have huge faith in him. Patience is the key though, we need pace in the side to play the way he wants and that has been taken from him because of injuries. The fact we still create chances and have a superb defence is hugely encouraging.

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Really hope Oscar does do well but I am far from impressed so far.
In fact I can't think of an Albion manager I have ever doubted so much so early on (apart from Jeff Wood and Hinch for obvious reasons).
Oscar mumbles a good game but apart from a couple of games the football has been dull all season.
"trying to score as many goals as possible" is a joke I presume?
Yes the results have been ok (especially considering the injuries) but the football has been awful. Reminds me of AVB at spurs - getting results but boring fans senseless.
Wonder what will happen to season tickt numbers over the next couple of seasons if we carry on with this style (or lack of it)

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
I miss Gus, but, I think Oscar will do bigger and better things both here and in his career after us. I have huge faith in him. Patience is the key though, we need pace in the side to play the way he wants and that has been taken from him because of injuries. The fact we still create chances and have a superb defence is hugely encouraging.

March been fit all season and yet David "I was good against Leicester so I get picked every week" Lopez always plays.
Lua Lua often left out too.
Not convinced Oscar knows how he wants to play.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here