Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Oscar Interview In The Mirror

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
A good way to move a football club forward, is when you lose players from your squad for whatever reason. Is to replace them with better ones. Just a thought.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We have so called fans on NSC saying Oscar isn't fit to tie Poyet's boots. What a weird world we live in.

That's because there are quite a few fans on here whose love of Poyet appears to over ride their love of the Albion :shrug:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
This is not Garcia V Poyet it is looking at the statements and the facts. We have scored the fewest goals away from home off all the 24 clubs, including Yeovil.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
A good way to move a football club forward, is when you lose players from your squad for whatever reason. Is to replace them with better ones. Just a thought.

And you know they're not better, even though they haven't played a minutes football for us yet and the loan window isn't even open?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
This is not Garcia V Poyet it is looking at the statements and the facts. We have scored the fewest goals away from home off all the 24 clubs, including Yeovil.

We won't mention the fact that we have an impressive away haul of points and a mean defence though, we'll just have a gripe shall we?

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I would love it if Oscar stays with us for a very long time. I am amazed how well he has done with the injuries and the mess he walked in to. The most successful teams have stability. From lofty seat in the WSU, I really believe he wants to win every game. His substitutions are nearly always possative, even when we under pressure. I am very very happy he is the manger of our football club.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
We won't mention the fact that we have an impressive away haul of points and a mean defence though, we'll just have a gripe shall we?

Read the article, the man was heralded as an attacking maestro by the club and himself and the goals are not exactly flowing, is it 3 in 5 ? If he makes statements like that he needs to back it up or it is all shallow. I really don't get this lovefest for Garcia. He has done, ok. Nothing more. He was and is a massive and speculative punt by Bloom and the directors. Time will tell.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Read the article, the man was heralded as an attacking maestro by the club and himself and the goals are not exactly flowing, is it 3 in 5 ? If he makes statements like that he needs to back it up or it is all shallow. I really don't get this lovefest for Garcia. He has done, ok. Nothing more. He was and is a massive and speculative punt by Bloom and the directors. Time will tell.

But surely you can see that he hasn't had the personnel to do this over the first few months? I'm quite sure that if he'd had a fully fit Lua Lua, Buckley, Orlandi and Ulloa plus gaining his first choice transfer targets we would have seen this. He can only work with what he's got.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003

Misfiring or absent strikers has got quite a bit to do with our lack of goals, the chances have been made most games.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Even Stevie Wonder can see we've gone backwards this season under Oscar, all these interviews and articles saying how good he is mean nothing, the only thing that counts is success on the pitch and in that aspect we are failing miserably. We've no chance of getting to the play offs this season.

Fishing?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Misfiring or absent strikers has got quite a bit to do with our lack of goals, the chances have been made most games.

So playing one upfront at home against the team bottom of the league is attack minded ?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Even Stevie Wonder can see we've gone backwards this season under Oscar, all these interviews and articles saying how good he is mean nothing, the only thing that counts is success on the pitch and in that aspect we are failing miserably. We've no chance of getting to the play offs this season.

The results are the only thing that matter. Garcia was spun by the club and himself as this attacking God, his early comments where my philosophy is attack, attack, attack. Well if he makes statements like that after a while people will make comments about the actual amount of goals scored.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
And the 3rd best away defence

Yes but we are commenting on his goals mantra. If he said my aim is for the team to concede the fewest goals in the league I would be saying, it is going well but we are discussing the opposite.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Yes but we are commenting on his goals mantra. If he said my aim is for the team to concede the fewest goals in the league I would be saying, it is going well but we are discussing the opposite.

Sorry, I don't believe that you can't see the limitations he has had with the Ulloa injury and his lacklustre performances since he came back and the fact that he had no recognised strikers apart from Barnes for most of the season. There was obviously something about Lita that wasn't right for Oscar but I am happy to give him time rather than look for reasons to criticise when we really aren't doing badly under the circumstances.

Feb 14, 2010
You build a team from the back and with the injuries to CMS, Buckley, Lua Lua, he has had no option but to focus on the defence because if we leaked goals then we would lose. Just common sense really. He has done a very good job. Take Bridcut (as he has not played this season), Buckley, Lua Lua, CMS out of Poyet's side and then you see ow well Garcia has done. I dont expect play offs this season now, not with Reading and Forest going as they are, but Garcia has done a super job... and maybe he will left the FA Cup for us...

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean

In your opinion we are doing poorly, yet a win today could put us 7th 4 points behind 6th with a game in hand. Take into account the awful run of injuries, bridcutt's virtual non existence all season and the money spent by the teams around us let alone the club recovering from an awful summer and I'd say that so far he's done a fantastic job so far. The football IS more attacking, we DO get the ball forward a lot quicker we are just not clinical enough ATM, something Oscar so far shares with Gus.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here