Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Watford v Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
Ulloa spends too much time defending out of position for a lone striker.

Lopez is useless. Bruno is not much better.

Andrews looks lost.

Greer shocker.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I get emotions override thought a lot in football, especially after a loss, but some of these texts (on BBC Sussex) are ridiculous. Someone suggesting the club should pick formations based on what the fans want to see? What next, twitter votes to pick the team?

I also think people are getting too fixated on the formation numbers. We need to not drop back and defend so deep, and we need midfield, whether it's 3,4, or 5 of them, to push forward and support our attacks.

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
not admitting to being there or commenting on how 'boring' the game is when i'm not there. I have however been to derby and burnley and it was far from boring, we just don't look like scoring even when we have a good chance.
All about opinions but Derby away was for me incredibly boring. We went for a point. McLaren gambled and attcked for the last 15 by bringing on strikers and changing formation and he won. They even commented on the football league show how negative Brighton are these days.

Aug 23, 2011
Which in my opinion is a mistake

So what experience does bloom have in football? Yes he's an extremely successful business man but that doesn't directly translate to the fairly unique business of football. It would be more of a mistake for him to meddle too much hence why he has employed experienced people to oversee various parts of running the club

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
not admitting to being there or commenting on how 'boring' the game is when i'm not there. I have however been to derby and burnley and it was far from boring, we just don't look like scoring even when we have a good chance.

Really? I went to Derby and it was dire, we were flat as a pancake and posed zero threat until March came on, even then we were seriously limited.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
When in doubt play 2 up top, stick to rigid lines and kick it long. The problem with English football

And what happens - we get f**k all. I'm starting to get pissed of with this continental style now - I know it served us well for 2-3 years, but everyone has worked out how to play against us. I'm almost missing a bit of the old English Style!

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
I'll assume you can't answer my question then.

I personally will renew, my comment was general about fans reactions if they do put season tickets up. I do not want the club to spend money we have not got and if the transfer window was anything to go by then it would appear that the money isn't there. If we cannot afford to "BUY" promotion tell the fans that and they will understand. Expectations are too high and a lot of people on here think we should SPEND SPEND SPEND to get promoted. I just hope that TB doesn't sack the manager, blaming him when it would appear he is not being backed by the club in the transfer window. Most clubs in the transfer window have strengthened, arguably we have not. I for one would understand and appreciate that if the club gave reasons for not making money available to spend. Having said that we may just have missed out on signings and been unlucky. I think people will be happy to pay more if they can see improvement in the squad, but paying more and seeing no improvements may make people think twice about renewing. As I said I will renew anyway whatever happens as long as the increase isn't a "piss take". Judging by the transfer window My thoughts are that TB has almost written off this season and wants to see how the new training ground and development squad goes next season. I think getting promoted this season was a big ask, but if Oscar stays around and with a year of championship under his belt, we may be surprised next season.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Is that a euphemism?

Unfortunately not. The mrs and I are clearing out the loft and lagging it wit this fibre glass stuff that is about 30 years old...was left in ten loft when we moved in and we have boarded it...trouble is we can only do this for around an hour as we end up coughing and spluttering even though we wear face masks and rubber gloves. I am sure the stuff must be illegal now as I feel nauseous after using it!

The boarding is fun though.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Watching the four and a half minutes highlights on Seagulls Player shows that Ulloa wasn't offside when the free kick was taken , there was a Watford player level with him but if you look over to the right they had a player positioned in front which put him at least 2 feet onside.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Just seen the disallowed goal on SP. How on earth was Ulloa offside. I know there is a lot of negativity at the moment but our luck has got to change. How many times have we hit the bar or post in the last few games. I would be more worried if we were not creating anything, but we do need to practice our shooting as we can't hit a barn door at the moment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here