Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pride watching ex-Brighton players/ managers

kiwigull

Nov 14, 2008
Over here (new zealand) it is rare I get to see Brighton games so it probably is different to being in the thick of it all year round but I do like seeing players and managers with Brighton affiliations on the tv wether it be the Premier league, A-league or whatever. Just being able to say "he used to play for us" is kinda cool. Watching the Newcastle Sunderland game today for example, it was good to see Bridcutt and Gus on the big stage knowing BHA had played their part in getting them there. Anyone else like this or should this pride be replaced with a generic dislike?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Hi Kiwi.

I think it's down to the individual to be honest. I look on with interest as Gus and Liam were associated with the club but I have moved on. Poyet is a very good manager and Bridcutt is a very good player. It would have been better if they had left under better circumstances (especially Poyet) but these things happen in football.

I would be far more concerned if Bloom and Barber walked away. BHA is getting stronger every day.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I'm kicking myself that I didn't back my convictions and put a bet on Sunderland staying up. The odds were great a few weeks ago. No chance of getting them now!

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
Over here (new zealand) it is rare I get to see Brighton games so it probably is different to being in the thick of it all year round but I do like seeing players and managers with Brighton affiliations on the tv wether it be the Premier league, A-league or whatever. Just being able to say "he used to play for us" is kinda cool. Watching the Newcastle Sunderland game today for example, it was good to see Bridcutt and Gus on the big stage knowing BHA had played their part in getting them there. Anyone else like this or should this pride be replaced with a generic dislike?

Spot on mate, exactly what I did last night, Bridders looked great and Gus out thought Pardew from the kick off, loved watching it frankly

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Listening to BBC 5 yesterday afternoon it was an Albion old boys reunion. Here are the names I heard mentioned as they went round the grounds....Poyet; Bridcutt; Barnes; Noone; Elphick; Revell; Cox; Taylor (Peter); Adams.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
It hacks me right off frankly. And yet I can't wait to see the highlights. I'd love Poyet to be relegated - but feel strangely pleased when I see him do well. Hilarious too when things go wrong. All very confusing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here