Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sunderland fans all gushing about Gus - Deja Vu, anyone?

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
What do we expect. They are 12th and doing well. They will feel like us when he hits the roof and one of the top 6 potentially come calling.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Get a load of this. Their conversion to eulogising the Uruguyan all looks horribly familiar.
Wasn't NSC a bit like that, once upon a time?

Reminds me of the time we battered Charlton and Posh away in consecutive weeks. Charlton was magnificent but I missed Posh and that was supposed to be better.

I still don't think any fans truly knows the full story post play-off's but the end result was we lost potentially the best manager this clubs ever had. Oscar's done a great job so far but some of the football we played under Poyet was quite breathtaking.

Things move on and we are still in good health but losing Poyet and now Bridcutt is a major blow, and I can't see us getting anywhere near 4th or the points total of last season.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Probably was like that. Plenty of other forums were no doubt like that too when their manager had done well. Poyet has taken Sunderland out the relegation zone and beaten Newcastle twice. I would guess they are happy. You get that from fans when their team is doing well or have beaten their hated rivals. When you screw things up as a manager, they tend not to like you. Thats life.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
He's doing a superb job there, same as he did a superb job here. He's a superb manager. Problem is he has a way of winding people up because he doesn't think before he speaks, and he never makes any secret of his ambition. No different to lots of top managers. Personally I have no issues with that I he's successful on the pitch, but a lot of poor sensitive Sussex folk do.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
He's doing a superb job there, same as he did a superb job here. He's a superb manager. Problem is he has a way of winding people up because he doesn't think before he speaks, and he never makes any secret of his ambition. No different to lots of top managers. Personally I have no issues with that I he's successful on the pitch, but a lot of poor sensitive Sussex folk do.

Pretty much this. He wears his heart on his sleeve and tells it pretty much how it (or how he thinks) it is. I have no problem with that all the time it brings results. Also, he got right under the skin of our rivals which I was totally fine about.

Despite the messy way it all ended, we were in a much healthier position on the pitch when he left than before he arrived.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
They are 2 points from relegation. Long way to go yet. Lets see how they feel about Gus if they get relegated this year.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It's like reading your ex-missus has now taken a liking to ATM with her new fella - A feeling of what could have been? regret and jealousy.

When you change jobs do you think of it like a divorce? Have you ever left a job for more money, better hours or better prospects?

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Thats what always impressed me about him. He has a game plan, he sticks to it, he keeps on trying to get better players to fit into the system, and you can see what he's trying to do all the time. Why oh why couldn't he and TB have worked out their differences :(

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I'm not sure if this is allowed but I'm delighted for him and for Charlie, Tanno and Bridcutt.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Good on him. He was a bloody good manager for us.

He'll be looking past Sunderland sooner or later.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here