Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridcutt

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Hi all, as a sunderland fan I am gob smacked to see the bad blood some of you have towards my club.

I have no real knowledge of the spat between Poyet and your chairman. Nor do I care.

All I know is that Poyet lifted our club from the depths of relegation and took us to a cup final. His record with yourselves is pretty similar looking at it.

I didn't come on here to gloat, just to try and find out a little more about our new player and to find out why you are all so upset.

He is probably playing in a derby today in front of 52,000 fans. Will he have the character to play in such a pressure game?

Even if your replies consist of nothing but abuse, I wish you good luck.

Fvck off :tosser:

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Where's the best stream for the Newcastle/Sunderland game? There must be one somewhere, and the sages of NSC must know where it is...

Dunk

Jul 27, 2011
Lewes
I think Bridcutt will struggle- I think the better players will just go around him and he lacks the height to dominate the center of the park.

I could be wrong though- I often am.

Still not fully sure what Gus did to get the sack but up until then he was a (comparatively) long serving manager who got us playing some decent football at the highest level we have been at since the 1980s. I wish him no ill and will be cheering for Sunderland against Man City in that final if I can be bothered to watch it. Not Bridcutt of course- we cup-tied him ages ago.

I guess the manner of Bridcutt's departure was a bit annoying, but if someone offered me double my current wages I suppose I would be tempted too.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I'm not sure why my fellow Albion fans are making such a fuss. Liam's gone. It happens. He was clearly destined for the Premier League at some stage. Shame he didn't play the last couple of games, but frankly he had been in such poor form after returning from injury I'm not sure it made a lot of difference.

Anyway, the very best of luck to him.

pigbite

Sep 9, 2007
Where's the bad blood - I'm not sure I've seen much, if any at all?

Some will be unhappy with the manner of Bridcutt's departure - all but going on strike over the last month which slightly tarnishes the incredible time he had with us. He appeared to be destined to be a journeyman lower league player when he joined the Albion and he's been turned into the most valuable player we have ever sold, a full International and he's about to start plying his trade in the most exciting league in the world (TM).

Some will be unhappy with Poyet because there was huge amounts of acrimony around his departure. That it escaped you, I guess typifies the attitude of many Premier League fans who seem largely unaware of the 72 clubs knocking around in the Football League. (Until they get relegated back into it, of course).

But most Albion fans will wish Liam Bridcutt well, thinking he deserves a crack at the Premier League. Many Albion fans, despite the manner of his departure, will also wish Gus Poyet well. He's incredibly charismatic and is easy to love when he's at your club. Many Albion fans have moved on - they simply don't care about Poyet one way or another any more.

And, regardless of all of the above, I'm not sure there are many Albion fans who care about Sunderland one way or another - there's no form or history between the clubs. I view Sunderland as a proper football club with a rich history, very much rooted in the local community and with a large and passionate support.

Finally, of course, if you do well, it increases the chances of Palace coming back to where they belong. Good luck against Newcastle and for the rest of the season. Look after Liam - you have a gem there.

This!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Where's the bad blood - I'm not sure I've seen much, if any at all?

Some will be unhappy with the manner of Bridcutt's departure - all but going on strike over the last month which slightly tarnishes the incredible time he had with us. He appeared to be destined to be a journeyman lower league player when he joined the Albion and he's been turned into the most valuable player we have ever sold, a full International and he's about to start plying his trade in the most exciting league in the world (TM).

Some will be unhappy with Poyet because there was huge amounts of acrimony around his departure. That it escaped you, I guess typifies the attitude of many Premier League fans who seem largely unaware of the 72 clubs knocking around in the Football League. (Until they get relegated back into it, of course).

But most Albion fans will wish Liam Bridcutt well, thinking he deserves a crack at the Premier League. Many Albion fans, despite the manner of his departure, will also wish Gus Poyet well. He's incredibly charismatic and is easy to love when he's at your club. Many Albion fans have moved on - they simply don't care about Poyet one way or another any more.

And, regardless of all of the above, I'm not sure there are many Albion fans who care about Sunderland one way or another - there's no form or history between the clubs. I view Sunderland as a proper football club with a rich history, very much rooted in the local community and with a large and passionate support.

Finally, of course, if you do well, it increases the chances of Palace coming back to where they belong. Good luck against Newcastle and for the rest of the season. Look after Liam - you have a gem there.

"A gem" is correct. £2.5m to £3m was far too cheap, and still waiting for the source of those who 'claim' to be in the know (more than journalists working for Sky and the broad-sheets) that it was around £5m.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Isn't Sunderland that small town between Newcastle and Middlesborough?

theboybilly

No bad feeling here, my family are from the North East. I have no real allegience between any of the clubs up there though I've no affection for Boring Boro. I always want the teams from that area do well (providing it's not at our expense) A proper football hotbed and some great places for away days. (I loved Darlo)
Bridcutt will do well for you, look after him.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Looks like a lot of the play is going to go through him. Good luck to the guy.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I wish both GP and LB well in their time at Sunderland as both have served us well during their time with us and I am sure they will stay up. They have moved on so must we.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Bridcutt was always on borrowed time with us. Given his past form he was always going to attract attention of Premier League clubs. He's served us well and I genuinely wish both him and Poyet all the best at Sunderland. It was the right time to sell as his head and heart weren't here anymore and it showed after his return from injury. It was bold choice to throw him into firepit of a derby at St James Park. I haven't read the match report yet, but it has obviously paid off.

Whatever you may think of Poyet - One thing nobody can disagree with. He knows how to beat Newcastle. The fact its Pardew in charge and getting humiliated is fine by me.......

D

Deleted member 18477

I couldn't give a toss about Sunderland either way. I do however dislike Poyet and now dislike Bridcutt. Neither left Brighton in the right way. In fact they both behaved disgustingly before their departures.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Oh come one!

So an ex manager comes in for a player he really rated to take him to his next club...and we all throw hissy fits over it!

This is what happened in football, it has happened for years and will continue to happen for years to come. How many on here were salivating at the chance that the miserable one was going to bring three of four players currently at maccabi! With the way he left them, do you not think their fans were a tad peeved?

We have got to be less precious about our club. Players will come and go to whoever they like, football is a short career and they have to make whatever they can when they can...we had all the handwringing about Zamora possibly going to palace...seemly being disloyal to us...disloyal!!!

Harry redknapp Made a very good point when. He went to Portsmouth and Southampton fans were abusing him...he said" I am a manager, not a fan" and he is dead right..we are fans, we care about the latest result and the results to come, we care that we can sign players for stupid money totally over the value they are actually worth, and finally we care about the club.

I can see Oscar returning to Spain if he is offered a chance to manage back home as he will see this as a chance to manage in England..he now has that on his CV and he will be in demand. Do I care...not really. We will get someone else in who wants to manage here and he may be better or worse that the last few...you never know.

So I don't get all this judas stuff that people seem to be obsessed with...if someone wants to be away, then so be it. The club and fans are far bigger than any player, or owner for that matter!

Rant over

Yes Dave 'a bit pissed off' constitutes a hissy fit - nice one.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I couldn't give a toss about Sunderland either way. I do however dislike Poyet and now dislike Bridcutt. Neither left Brighton in the right way. In fact they both behaved disgustingly before their departures.

Sums it up . Poyet far higher in my dislike list though .

No beef with Sunderland . Decent club with decent fans

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I can see us having a new thread (or a revival of this thread) for every frickin' Sunderland match between now and season's end.

:shootself

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here