Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridcutt

D

Deleted member 22389

I wish LB well but not GP. The acrimonious departure and the fact that he seemed ready to jump ship as early as March and just before a game with our arch rivals really rankles with me. Fans are forever but managers and players are just transient but the manner in which they move on can leave a bad taste in the mouth. Ince did it at West Ham when wearing a Utd shirt before the deal was done and there are plenty of others. Happily, far more players and managers move on without burning bridges.

As for Sunderland, I have no historic dislike for them, however, all the while GP is manager I would like to see them fail. Once he moves on I wouldn't wish them ill, just the team he moves to. In a perfect world, he would manage Palace back to league 1!!!!

Exactly, It rankles me too what GP did to us. I have nothing against Sunderland. Basically I get the impression because GP couldn't get what he wanted, we would'nt get what we wanted and that was a Play off final place.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Where's the bad blood - I'm not sure I've seen much, if any at all?

Some will be unhappy with the manner of Bridcutt's departure - all but going on strike over the last month which slightly tarnishes the incredible time he had with us. He appeared to be destined to be a journeyman lower league player when he joined the Albion and he's been turned into the most valuable player we have ever sold, a full International and he's about to start plying his trade in the most exciting league in the world (TM).

Some will be unhappy with Poyet because there was huge amounts of acrimony around his departure. That it escaped you, I guess typifies the attitude of many Premier League fans who seem largely unaware of the 72 clubs knocking around in the Football League. (Until they get relegated back into it, of course).

But most Albion fans will wish Liam Bridcutt well, thinking he deserves a crack at the Premier League. Many Albion fans, despite the manner of his departure, will also wish Gus Poyet well. He's incredibly charismatic and is easy to love when he's at your club. Many Albion fans have moved on - they simply don't care about Poyet one way or another any more.

And, regardless of all of the above, I'm not sure there are many Albion fans who care about Sunderland one way or another - there's no form or history between the clubs. I view Sunderland as a proper football club with a rich history, very much rooted in the local community and with a large and passionate support.

Finally, of course, if you do well, it increases the chances of Palace coming back to where they belong. Good luck against Newcastle and for the rest of the season. Look after Liam - you have a gem there.

A perfect response.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Poyet + Bridcutt = yesterdays news

Oscar + Ince = the here and now

As for Sunderland they're just one of those teams I never really give much thought to.

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
Bridcutt will be found out within a few matches, benchwarming for the last quarter of the season and you'll all turn on Gus when you start heading back down the table singing "What a waste of money!!!"

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
No problem with Sunderland.

Minor irritation with Liam's attitude at the end.

Gus is a media whore who is only interested in himself. But he won't care what I think, will he?

MorNando

Jan 31, 2014
Opinions change and most things in football go wrong. It's the nature of the game. I just try and take the good where I can.

For us, Martin O'Neil and Paolo Di Canio were the best thing since sliced bread until they weren't.

Fingers crossed Bridcutt can do a better job than cattermole. It will hopefully mean our attacking players will have more freedom.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Wish Liam all the best and hope he can make the step I guess we will see what I do know is we have a very good replacement and our bank account is happy you lot are taking all the chances

D

Deleted member 22389

Opinions change and most things in football go wrong. It's the nature of the game. I just try and take the good where I can.

For us, Martin O'Neil and Paolo Di Canio were the best thing since sliced bread until they weren't.

Fingers crossed Bridcutt can do a better job than cattermole. It will hopefully mean our attacking players will have more freedom.

If your new manager stands complaining about going home, wanting to play golf and starts saying how wonderful Chelsea and Leeds are start worrying lol.

Ferg

Dec 1, 2012
Bexhill
Bridcutt good athlete good header for a small bloke and a nice guy.Downsides are he c

Liam good athlete jumps high for small bloke doesn't score and useless going forward. Rohan Ince however is better in every department of the game except experience which will come who would you rather have ?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
In Bridcutt you've got a gem, in Gus you've got a viper.

No ill wishes to Sunderland, just please send the gloating jesters from Selhurst down.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I can only wish Poyet and Bridcutt well, despite the manner of their departures. The fact that they've been reunited improves SAFCs chances of staying up immeasurably.

He's ****loads better than Cattermole.

Barely anyone cares enough about Sunderland here to slag them off. As said by others, if your staying up means another chance of Palace going down then everyone will be delighted.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Where's the bad blood - I'm not sure I've seen much, if any at all?

Some will be unhappy with the manner of Bridcutt's departure - all but going on strike over the last month which slightly tarnishes the incredible time he had with us. He appeared to be destined to be a journeyman lower league player when he joined the Albion and he's been turned into the most valuable player we have ever sold, a full International and he's about to start plying his trade in the most exciting league in the world (TM).

Some will be unhappy with Poyet because there was huge amounts of acrimony around his departure. That it escaped you, I guess typifies the attitude of many Premier League fans who seem largely unaware of the 72 clubs knocking around in the Football League. (Until they get relegated back into it, of course).

But most Albion fans will wish Liam Bridcutt well, thinking he deserves a crack at the Premier League. Many Albion fans, despite the manner of his departure, will also wish Gus Poyet well. He's incredibly charismatic and is easy to love when he's at your club. Many Albion fans have moved on - they simply don't care about Poyet one way or another any more.

And, regardless of all of the above, I'm not sure there are many Albion fans who care about Sunderland one way or another - there's no form or history between the clubs. I view Sunderland as a proper football club with a rich history, very much rooted in the local community and with a large and passionate support.

Finally, of course, if you do well, it increases the chances of Palace coming back to where they belong. Good luck against Newcastle and for the rest of the season. Look after Liam - you have a gem there.

What he said.

Mr bridcutt has done superbly well for us over the last couple of years. I personally would wish him every success at the higher level, and think him well capable of it.

And while many people on here hold an enormous grudge against Gus, many others like me would harbour an enormous respect and some affection for the man, thank him greatly for what he did for our football team, and wish him well at another "proper" football club. I was aware some of you thought you would be getting another Di Canio, but I think he has already proved he is very, very different and much, much better!!!!!!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Thanks for the replies. He certainly seems like he could be something we lack. Although we need everything in the midfield at the minute tbh.

The bad blood I mentioned is located in another thread wishing sunderland get relegated.

Anyway good luck in the future.
That'll be aimed at Poyet rather than Sunderland specifically. Some wish their ex's well, others despise.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Thanks for the replies. He certainly seems like he could be something we lack. Although we need everything in the midfield at the minute tbh.

The bad blood I mentioned is located in another thread wishing sunderland get relegated.

Anyway good luck in the future.

I don't think anyone wants *Sunderland* to get relegated so much as Poyet and Bridcutt.

Poyet talked himself up for "bigger" jobs constantly and let the club down hugely in his departure, so it would be hilarious to see it all end back at the same level so quickly.

As others have said Bridcutt deserved a premier league chance, but again refusing to play for a month leaves a sour taste and again, you couldn't help but laugh if after all that he gets 15 or so games in the Premiership and then ends up back down again.

Anyways, unfortunately looks like there are easily 3 worse teams than you.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Having hardly played this season I am very surprised that he is being lined up for a start today in such a big match tbh. Maybe just a bluff by Gus as he brings Liam on for the last 20?

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
Bad blood ? where did that come from .In the grand scheme of things this is not a big issue to Albion fans.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here