Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

For all the doubting Thomas's please watch

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Just hope Oscar is happy with our transfer dealings ( or lack of them ) Not sure why but I've got a bad feeling he'll be pissed off and gone in the summer.

The summer is when he can really shape things. Isn't most of our squad out of contract? If he wants to move on from management in an obscure league, he would be foolish to walk out.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
The summer is when he can really shape things. Isn't most of our squad out of contract? If he wants to move on from management in an obscure league, he would be foolish to walk out.

Regarding the summer, I know Kusczcack and Upson are free but who else is out of contract? I wonder what kind of investment Oscar will be given to build a side that is PLR?

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
David Burke gives a near 7 minute interview detailing how the back room boys analyse potential transfer targets and then set them up for OG to approve/reject and proceed. It is really interesting and clinically implemented with true professionalism.
So we don't just pick players after seeing them play a couple of times, as some here would believe? And Oscar gets a say in who we buy? This is shocking.

Good interview, thanks for the heads up.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Yep of course chum. David Burke gives a near 7 minute interview detailing how the back room boys analyse potential transfer targets and then set them up for OG to approve/reject and proceed. It is really interesting and clinically implemented with true professionalism.

I think I can share the video with you if you wish to send me your email details via NSC contacts.

TNBA

TTF

Analyzing and looking at videos and players all the time. One of the Spanish coaches has been moved up from training the youngsters to analyzing the every aspect of the first team game each week, the video of the current game is played over and over again.
This procedure, to probably a lesser degree, goes on through all the teams. Players right through the squad are monitored on machines.
The youngsters can be assessed on their future weight, height, speed short distance/long distance, height they can jump standing/running etc etc.
Just imagine when all the squads are training in the one place, instead of Waterhole/Lewes/Falmer etc.....the new Academy, with pitches and facilities to accommodate.
By the way, one of the Arsenal trialists that i mentioned (16year old) has been taken on, he is a left back.
The future looks good imo.

D

Deleted member 22389

Brighton & Hove Albion's head of football operations David Burke and his Seagulls World video just posted.

This shows exactly why we are going in the right direction.

I am sooooooooooo excited!

TNBA

TTF

we have a decent set up. I can see the clubs focus is bringing players through the ranks. That is good for the club in the future. It was a good video.

I'm sick of hearing that we don't have enough players and the club lacks ambition.

EastUpperSeagull

Jul 3, 2013
This summer will be key. There is no need to panic buy now if the right players aren't there. However if we don't spend in the summer the club should hold their hands up and be honest about their ambition. Nothing wrong with TB not wanting to risk more money, but he should be upfront about it.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
That Burke interview was given to cover up the fact that.

Since dec 2013 we have lost

Lita
Conway
Bridcutt
Crofts
El abd
Barnes

and replaced them with

Stevens
Obika
David 2
CMS
Hoskins

We have received 3.3 million in transfer fees & spent £500000 of it.

I can't help thinking that our squad was stronger at the beginning of January than the end of January.
Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't.

But is the starting line up weaker with these ins and outs? I don't think it is it?

Crofts - is injured. There is nothing we can do about that.

Lita - for whatever reason, never played and struggled to make the bench.

Bridcutt, - has hardly played, and Andrews was brought as a replacement in the summer. The only reason Bridcutt never moved then was injury. We also have had Ince come from no where so I for one think that Bridcutt will not be missed, as he's not been around to be missed. Last season, yep, it would have been a nightmare to lose him. This season its not.

El Abd was not to our standard. Brilliant club man, and a legend, but ultimatly he's now as his level. No great loss IMO, I would have always had Dunk in front of him anyway.

Conway - Loanee who took a 2.5 year deal over a 6 month loan deal. Too me that suggest he is not confident in his ability to get a new deal at the end of the season, and took what was on offer when it was. Cannot blame him for that, but he's taken the easy route IMO by going to Blackburn. Good luck to him.

Barnes - If the 800k was the price we got, then whoever done that deal needs a knighthood. Very average player who would have had hardly any, if any game time this season if he wasn't the only striker!

REPLACED WITH

Stephens -
Obika-
Spainish Rod

Time will tell, but I think those three will have more game time, then the other six would have done had they stayed.

To balance it up a bit, and as you mentioned Crofts, I think its only fair to add CMS, and Will Hoskins to the "IN" list. Doesn't look so bad then does it, and ignore the idiots who are already writing CMS off If used correctly, him and Ulloah will tear this division a new ********!

D

Deleted member 22389

Analyzing and looking at videos and players all the time. One of the Spanish coaches has been moved up from training the youngsters to analyzing the every aspect of the first team game each week, the video of the current game is played over and over again.
This procedure, to probably a lesser degree, goes on through all the teams. Players right through the squad are monitored on machines.
The youngsters can be assessed on their future weight, height, speed short distance/long distance, height they can jump standing/running etc etc.
Just imagine when all the squads are training in the one place, instead of Waterhole/Lewes/Falmer etc.....the new Academy, with pitches and facilities to accommodate.
By the way, one of the Arsenal trialists that i mentioned (16year old) has been taken on, he is a left back.
The future looks good imo.

The future looks really good. It is a premier league set up. The new training ground is going to transform this club.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Firstly, it seems you need a beard to work with Burke, secondly I couldn't concentrate on what Burke was saying because of SSN on in the background and especially the ad with the gravy being poured on the meat, thirdly it was more like they are sitting about playing Championship Manager and lastly, I don't agree that Oscar is signing these players as he seems to choose from a pool of potentials that Burke finds. I would rather Oscar had more input on who he wants rather than choosing from Burkes Shortlist.
Also what qualifies Burkes as this expert? After hearing his radio interview on Albion Roar, I didn't think his CV justified him to get that position and he comes across as dour. Also it feels like Jones has more say and connections to signings than Oscar. I have to say that my opinion after watching that is that I'm not sure we are pushing in the right direction at all.
Hope I'm wrong!

You are :thumbsup:

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
This summer will be key. There is no need to panic buy now if the right players aren't there. However if we don't spend in the summer the club should hold their hands up and be honest about their ambition. Nothing wrong with TB not wanting to risk more money, but he should be upfront about it.

It was/is a 5 year plan. If anybody can name me a club in England that has built a 100m stadium and 30m Academy within 3/4 years, without a billionaire owner, then i'd like to know.
We could be a club with expensive players and a crap ground (ring any bells) a bit all fur and no knickers, instead we have arguably the best stadium in the Championship, soon to have the best equipped Academy and the highest home attendance.
Good eh.

D

Deleted member 22389

That Burke interview was given to cover up the fact that.

Since dec 2013 we have lost

Lita
Conway
Bridcutt
Crofts
El abd
Barnes

and replaced them with

Stevens
Obika
David 2

We have received 3.3 million in transfer fees & spent £500000 of it.

I can't help thinking that our squad was stronger at the beginning of January than the end of January.

You forget we have some very promising young players. Glad the club is not spending big for a quick fix. If promotion didn't happen after spending millions of pounds and we ended breaking the FFP rules we would really be in the crap.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
The future looks really good. It is a premier league set up. The new training ground is going to transform this club.

I think it's exciting, brilliant actually.......and i am prepared to wait until it is all in place.......that time is getting closer imo.
Patience.

Codner pharmaceuticals

Jun 17, 2009
Border Country
The future is indeed very exciting. Personally I like the level headed long sighted vision of the club. 6 yrs ago we had no ground, no training ground and made do with 2 Kerry Mayos. Now we have state of the art facilities and a fabulous training ground being built and of course 2 Spanish Daves.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Isn't everyone forgetting about the emergence of Chicksen, March and to a lesser extent Dunk? Richards might be next. There is little point having a youth system if you are not going to try to bring them through.

D

Deleted member 22389

The future is indeed very exciting. Personally I like the level headed long sighted vision of the club. 6 yrs ago we had no ground, no training ground and made do with 2 Kerry Mayos. Now we have state of the art facilities and a fabulous training ground being built and of course 2 Spanish Daves.

Yep. Wish people could look at the bigger picture towards our future instead of moaning about not signing messi. What is going to be, spend now for short term success, or build and spend later for long term success.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Isn't everyone forgetting about the emergence of Chicksen, March and to a lesser extent Dunk? Richards might be next. There is little point having a youth system if you are not going to try to bring them through.

That is one area that has improved since Gus left as Oscar is more prepared to give them a chance to prove themselves and this will be what makes us money in the future just as Southampton have done

EastUpperSeagull

Jul 3, 2013
It was/is a 5 year plan. If anybody can name me a club in England that has built a 100m stadium and 30m Academy within 3/4 years, without a billionaire owner, then i'd like to know.
We could be a club with expensive players and a crap ground (ring any bells) a bit all fur and no knickers, instead we have arguably the best stadium in the Championship, soon to have the best equipped Academy and the highest home attendance.
Good eh.

Couldn't agree more. I love watching the albion and the general direction the club is going (facilities etc). I just think more open communication about transfer policy and spending (and therefore the inherent impact on the time frame) would be beneficial.

I'm personally glad I'm around to see this period of the clubs history!

Sloe Joe

Oct 7, 2010
Like a bird stocking up with food for a seasonal Atlantic crossing, the Seagulls are building up their finances for the big push to the Premier league in 2014/15.
Pardon the, but with FFP, by improving the operating deficit, this is clearly the strategy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here