Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Comfort food during a particularly Cr*p Winter.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Comfort food during a particularly Cr*p Winter.

To make it all feel better and happier. What is yours ?

I will go for Cauliflower Cheese topped with Crispy Bacon and potato chips with a good amount of Worcester Sauce.

Any decent recipes ?

This is SURELY the Winter of Beelzebub !

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Glenfiddich.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Any roast meat dinner, with all the bits, yorkshires; veg and lashings of gravy. MMMMMMMMMMMMM.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Chinese takeaway.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Chopped up some steak, kidney, potatoes, carrots, onions and herbs - chucked the lot in a casserole pot and added red wine and beef stock. All in the oven first thing this morning, slow cooked until about an hour ago - now in the fridge cooling down - add a puff pastry crust tomorrow evening, cook until crust is crispy and golden, eat with a fresh crusty bloomer and a good glass of ale tomorrow evening.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Stew and dumplings

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
Chopped up some steak, kidney, potatoes, carrots, onions and herbs - chucked the lot in a casserole pot and added red wine and beef stock. All in the oven first thing this morning, slow cooked until about an hour ago - now in the fridge cooling down - add a puff pastry crust tomorrow evening, cook until crust is crispy and golden, eat with a fresh crusty bloomer and a good glass of ale tomorrow evening.

I'll be round tomorrow night lol

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Good thread Uncle, strangely enough, I am cooking one of my favourite winter recipes as we speak. Flemish Beef Stew. various derivations online but its basically slow cooked chunks of Beef with onions, herbs and some good strength beer and slow cooked. delightful with mash and French Beans and Carrots.

Last edited:

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Good thread Uncle, strangely enough, I am cooking one of my favourite winter recipes as we speak. Flemish Beef stew. various derivations online but its basically slow cooked chunks of Beef with onions, herbs and some good strength beer and slow cooked. delightful with mash and French Beans and Carrots.

Beef stew is my favourite. I had Flemish stew in Bruges a couple of years ago and it was superb.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Macaroni cheese?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Cod and chips from Toni's Fish Bar in Shoreham

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Beef stew is my favourite. I had Flemish stew in Bruges a couple of years ago and it was superb.

Hope you coupled that with a couple of bottles of Westmalle Dubbel ? I'm still with my other half thanks to an early introduction to that dish and high octane Belgian beer. :thumbsup:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here