Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Even Poyet thinks we sold Bridcutt too cheap

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic
He's gone now so lets move on whatever the price , disappointed with Bridcutt with his attitude about not playing , the least he could do for the club is give his all in his last few games if asked , think it was his agent that influenced his mind .

It was the club as a whole that made him what he is today not 'so far up my own arse Poyet' .

meanmachine25

Jan 24, 2009
poyet moans about stoke unsettling players ...........what goes around comes around mr poyet...loved him when he was here now he's gone he's of no consequence .....lets all move on. leave him and his ego to argue amongst themselves ;)

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Some people on here are so delusional it's untrue. For a defensive midfielder who has never played above Championship level you're not going to get anywhere near as much money as you might think, Poyet isn't going to say 'we overspent on him' is he?

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
Not too sure I'd throw a new player who's hardly played this season straight into a volatile local derby.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
think it was his agent that influenced

This is such an all to frequent used kop out. He's a fully grown man for god sake. If I was in his shoes and my agent tried to influence me in anyway I'd tell him to do one.

At the end of the day he was a Brighton and Hove Albion employee who was refusing to do his job whilst being on the pay roll. I would have made an example of him by a hefty fine and letting him see out his contract in the development squad. **** the transfer fee, sick and tired of all this player power bullshit

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Yes but poyet says that he got a 'bargain' and poyet knows how much he paid.

He's hardly going to say that we paid over the odds for him , is he?

goldstone rocks

Feb 25, 2009
I'm starting to think Liam was spoken too by Poyet, or an associate of him, that'll he'll be offered a place at Sunderland. That would explain his 'sulking' and why we were almost forced into selling him. No doubt we could have tried for more (which could explain why he went on the final day) but trying to get more becomes difficult when players sulk.

Do you really think they may have had "chat"? Having the same agent clearly makes communication easier don't you think?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Of course he does. As others have said, he is not about to say that he had to spend through the nose to get him. He is not even going to say he got him at market rate. It's Poyet's style to exaggerate.

It's like Liam's comments on Sunderland. They are a "massive massive" club he said. Well, he's not going to say they are a small one is he. Even the feint praise of 'sleeping giant' is a bit risky.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
He's hardly going to say that we paid over the odds for him , is he?

No but he also did not say "we met Brighton's fair valuation of him"

He knows he's mugged us off on the price

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
He would say that, but unfortunately for us, on this occasion's he's correct.

Most Albion fans thought a price double that, for a very highly regarded young British player, was about right. With the Albion having ZERO external/interest-bearing debt, therefore having no financial pressure to sell, the price does seem absurdly low.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
This is such an all to frequent used kop out. He's a fully grown man for god sake. If I was in his shoes and my agent tried to influence me in anyway I'd tell him to do one.

At the end of the day he was a Brighton and Hove Albion employee who was refusing to do his job whilst being on the pay roll. I would have made an example of him by a hefty fine and letting him see out his contract in the development squad. **** the transfer fee, sick and tired of all this player power bullshit

So you let him rot in the Development squad, pay him top dollar wages, disrupt the club harmony, and then chuck away 3.25 Million, cos he goes as a free agent.
Thank god you aint Tony Bloom

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
He would say that, but unfortunately for us, on this occasion's he's correct.

Most Albion fans thought a price double that, for a very highly regarded young British player, was about right. With the Albion having ZERO external/interest-bearing debt, therefore having no financial pressure to sell, the price does seem absurdly low.

That's the thing. All told, the price WAS getting on for double that. People really need to get past this lazily reported £2.5m crap.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
So you let him rot in the Development squad, pay him top dollar wages, disrupt the club harmony, and then chuck away 3.25 Million, cos he goes as a free agent.

Yes that is exactly what I'd do.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Danny Levy, Ian Ayres, David Gill, Barry Fry, Steve Parrish are all examples of chief execs who rung every possible million out of clubs attempting to raid - pay our full valuation or you don't get the player. Simple and it worked time and time again.

You may not have liked 'poidy' questioning the club, but his sentiments are very valid.

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
But poyet DOES know how much he has paid for him, and he thinks it was cheap. I am inclined to agree with him. That is all.

I would say he is more likely trying to bring justification to his purchase as money well spent. Particularly as bids were turned down, and his desire to get the player was almost feverish.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Good business by the Club, who cares about Poyet's placating the locals and boosting his evidently low self-esteem? Only kidding a few with this nonsense.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here