Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Obika, Rodriguez and Stephens...

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Obika and Stephens are signings that could've been made when we were in League One. Such a shame watching clubs like Doncaster and Barnsley sign Sharp and Frimpong yet them two players would be good signings for a club like us.

Nonsense.Sharp is a has been and Frimpong is baggage and a half.

The three signings we have made are class, eye to the future and who knows we may end up with Obika long term? The fact of the matter is that Bridcutt hasn't kicked a ball properly for us for a few months now and what we now have, despite the cruel loss of Crofts, is a great improvement. Oh and a few million in the bank to boot!

Excited moi? Oui!

TNBA

TTF

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
The "wanky" fickleness of our fans is even more pathetic. 1 day "Were going to make the play-offs". Next day "Our season is over and the club is joke".

Just because QPR, Forest, Bournemuff etc are throwing away money - why should we ?
:lolol: It really is embarrassing from some

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
The "wanky" fickleness of our fans is even more pathetic. 1 day "Were going to make the play-offs". Next day "Our season is over and the club is joke".

Just because QPR, Forest, Bournemuff etc are throwing away money - why should we ?
It's a competition, the aim of the game is to win, to get promoted. What is the point in having all these fantastic facilities if we're happy to sit still in the league. I appreciate you have a different point of view but the way I see it is we're not in the play offs now, everyone else around us had strengthened and yet we're weaker than we were 4 weeks ago. Maybe if we were in a noddy ground with cheapo season tickets the expectations wouldn't be so high.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
It's a competition, the aim of the game is to win, to get promoted. What is the point in having all these fantastic facilities if we're happy to sit still in the league. I appreciate you have a different point of view but the way I see it is we're not in the play offs now, everyone else around us had strengthened and yet we're weaker than we were 4 weeks ago. Maybe if we were in a noddy ground with cheapo season tickets the expectations wouldn't be so high.

But why piss a load of money up the wall on something that isnt actually certain to happen ? Everyone around us hasnt strengthened either.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Why are people complaining about the signings when, Obika aside, they've not even played a game for us yet? Surely we look nearer the end of the season and decide if it was a good window or not.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
But why piss a load of money up the wall on something that isnt actually certain to happen ? Everyone around us hasnt strengthened either.
Those that haven't strengthened certainly haven't weakened their squads though. We have very little chance of getting in the play offs IMO.
I wouldn't say buying players is necessarily pissing money up the wall either, especially when we've just sold players for good money.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Why are people complaining about the signings when, Obika aside, they've not even played a game for us yet? Surely we look nearer the end of the season and decide if it was a good window or not.

I think there's a bit of disappointment as we've sold some good players for good money's but barely invested any in the team. Being that we've lacked goals all season I think people were expecting an attacking midfielder/winger to be brought in.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Those that haven't strengthened certainly haven't weakened their squads though. We have very little chance of getting in the play offs IMO.
I wouldn't say buying players is necessarily pissing money up the wall either, especially when we've just sold players for good money.

Bridcutt - hasnt played much this season, easily replaceable by Andrews and the ever-improving Ince - him leaving hasnt left us weak.
Barnes - replaced by Rodriguez.
El-Abd - Can be replaced by Dunk, does leave us a bit thin at the back but a loan is possible.

Our squad is perfectly capable of the play-offs, it would need a LOT of work if we were to go up, but that bridge can be crossed should we need to.

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
Bridcutt - hasnt played much this season, easily replaceable by Andrews and the ever-improving Ince - him leaving hasnt left us weak.
El-Abd - Can be replaced by Dunk, does leave us a bit thin at the back but a loan is possible.

Our squad is perfectly capable of the play-offs, it would need a LOT of work if we were to go up, but that bridge can be crossed should we need to.
but how Strong are the other teams are compared to us thou

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
I hate threads like this. We have moved on so what is the point in looking back? Do Swansea and Hull fans keep referring to there old days when they were at the Vetch and Boothferry park?

Most Albion fans appreciate our past and troubles but i expect most now just want to move with the times.

This window has been a let down(to date). It's that simple.

Check your bed, I think you will find its wet, like you.
Clueless as well, we have a great squad and we were looking for back ups in certain areas. That is always going to be tough as the bigger name players would be looking for regular starts, and that is something that we can not offer.
Since the start of the season, we have had the youngsters coming through. Ince, March and JFC have all shown that they have potential, and that's how we move forward. The teams who tend to buy lots of players, are the teams at the bottom end of the table. We have a strong squad already and have CMS and Hoskins coming back and still have Buckley, we will be in the mix at the end of the season

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Obika and Stephens are signings that could've been made when we were in League One. Such a shame watching clubs like Doncaster and Barnsley sign Sharp and Frimpong yet them two players would be good signings for a club like us.

Where are they in the league? They will also be starting every game if fit. We are looking for back ups/bench warmers and that's the difference. If fit we would have Buckley, Lua Lua and Ulloa. We signed our star striker this time last year Ulloa and he has served us well, maybe he has had a dip in form lately but he will come good

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
If you bill them, they will come.

No idea what that's supposed to mean but it sounded clever, for a little while. To me. Kind of.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

Honestly, you don't think our POTS leaving doesn't leave us weak, especially as Crofts is injured, in the middle of the park? Ince has been brilliant, Andrews has been hit and miss. Rodriguez may replace Barnes but it could take him a while to settle in adapt. The defence concerns me a lot, I like Dunk but if anything happens to Upson we're screwed. We can't be relying on Calde or Ince to be the CB cover if Dunk has to step in.
We want to finish in the top 6, we're competing with QPR,Reading,Forest and Leicester who all have superior squads. Burnley and Derby who we are probably on the a level field with are 11+ points ahead of us. The teams just below have all strengthened too, I wouldn't be surprised if Bournemouth,Huddersfield,Blackburn or 'Boro caught us up.
Obviously we could go on doing this all night, you're happy with the team, I'm a bit underwhelmed, all about opinions :)

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Clueless as well, we have a great squad and we were looking for back ups in certain areas. That is always going to be tough as the bigger name players would be looking for regular starts, and that is something that we can not offer.
Since the start of the season, we have had the youngsters coming through. Ince, March and JFC have all shown that they have potential, and that's how we move forward. The teams who tend to buy lots of players, are the teams at the bottom end of the table. We have a strong squad already and have CMS and Hoskins coming back and still have Buckley, we will be in the mix at the end of the season

Oh, you called him a bedwetter, how original :facepalm:

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

QPR, Forest and Leicester have bought lots of players...

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Honestly, you don't think our POTS leaving doesn't leave us weak, especially as Crofts is injured, in the middle of the park? Ince has been brilliant, Andrews has been hit and miss. Rodriguez may replace Barnes but it could take him a while to settle in adapt. The defence concerns me a lot, I like Dunk but if anything happens to Upson we're screwed. We can't be relying on Calde or Ince to be the CB cover if Dunk has to step in.
We want to finish in the top 6, we're competing with QPR,Reading,Forest and Leicester who all have superior squads. Burnley and Derby who we are probably on the a level field with are 11+ points ahead of us. The teams just below have all strengthened too, I wouldn't be surprised if Bournemouth,Huddersfield,Blackburn or 'Boro caught us up.
Obviously we could go on doing this all night, you're happy with the team, I'm a bit underwhelmed, all about opinions :)

POTS under Poyet - we play differently under Oscar and Bridcutt didnt look brilliant playing under him - Andrews and Ince look much more suited to our new style. Crofts has been replaced by Stephens who is incredibly similar.

Rodriguez at first will be a back-up to Ulloa as he will be unfit and probably unfamiliar with our style. We our thin at the back, there is no denying that, but i highly expect a youngster to come in and cover when the loan window opens, for now we can just about get by. There is no reason why we cant finish in the top 6, the Championship is incredibly unpredictable, who predicted Ipswich to be in 7th place at this stage ?

QPR, Forest and Leicester have bought lots of players...

QPR, Forest and Leicester also have more money than us and are on course to get large fines for breaking FFP rules.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here