Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace deadline day

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
This is good news if your interest is in Palace screwing it all up.

These players aren't choosing Palace over other clubs because they particularly want to go there - they are going because Palace are paying what others won't.

Palace do not have more money than the other Premier League clubs. In fact they have a comparatively bloated squad and weak infrastructure.

A long way to go. There are good grounds for hope and these signings don't change that.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Of course he deserves a chance.

I was only saying that it's laughable of that poster to rate him at £5m, that's all. And that you shouldn't pin all your hopes on him. He won't get as many chances as you created last season.

I'm not pinning all my hopes on him, all if want is for him to have a chance in the top league.
If it wasn't for his injury, I'm sure a few clubs would have paid £5 mill for him, premier league experienced or not.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'm not pinning all my hopes on him, all if want is for him to have a chance in the top league.
If it wasn't for his injury, I'm sure a few clubs would have paid £5 mill for him, premier league experienced or not.

The only reason I don't think you'd have got anywhere near that for him (if you hadn't gone up & he'd been fit) is his age. Clubs don't splash the cash for 30yr olds after one excellent season in the Championship. Yes, someone might have taken a punt, a mid table Premier side with a lingering fear of relegation, but not for £5 million. Now if he'd been 26..yes.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
The only reason I don't think you'd have got anywhere near that for him (if you hadn't gone up & he'd been fit) is his age. Clubs don't splash the cash for 30yr olds after one excellent season in the Championship. Yes, someone might have taken a punt, a mid table Premier side with a lingering fear of relegation, but not for £5 million. Now if he'd been 26..yes.

I still think any forward who can score 30 goals in the championship would be in demand.
( he was 29 last season, a age when a striker is reaching his prime )

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I still think any forward who can score 30 goals in the championship would be in demand.
( he was 29 last season, a age when a striker is reaching his prime )

In demand, yes. Not for £5 million though.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Ince only a loan, not a permanent signing :lolol:

Was never going to be a permanent move as he's no intention of staying at Palace. He just wants out of Blackpool until his contract expires in June & he's a free agent, able to pick a club he really wants, for lots of money.

Vegas78

Dec 4, 2012
South London
Was never going to be a permanent move as he's no intention of staying at Palace. He just wants out of Blackpool until his contract expires in June & he's a free agent, able to pick a club he really wants, for lots of money.

This, we are just a massive shop window, if we stay up, and he plays well it is a massive win win. A gamble well worth making.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
You'd want £5m+ for ulloa , murrays a natural goalscorer but he plays for us doesn't he .

Is younger though, and to be fair I'd probably not expect £5 million, not unless he scored 30 odd goals.

Well: only if you idiots bid for him :)

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Is younger though, and to be fair I'd probably not expect £5 million, not unless he scored 30 odd goals.

Well: only if you idiots bid for him :)

Nah, we'll wait till his contract runs out !

gravnast

Nov 13, 2012
Some of our support do spout a load of shit because of the rivalry. This has been a impressive transfer window for Palace :(

gravnast

Nov 13, 2012
Have you only just realised that? :lolol:

I'm not sure I'd class Hennessey, Dann & Puncheon as dream signings in all honesty, but at least that means I'll sleep easily, unlike, it seems, you.

Funny most experts think they have done really well, obviously you know better :bowdown:

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
What I've heard,
Puncheon £1.75 mill
Hennessy £1.5 mill up front, £1.5 add ons.
Dann £1 mill up front, £1 mill add ons.
Ince £1 mill loan fee, minus Dobbies wages till end of season ( approx £ 150 k )
Ledley £750 k
Not a bad days work.

Edit - Also heard a deal was in place for Buckley ( in case Ince fell through ) at £2.5 mill.

Last edited:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The last bit seems highly unlikely only because of the lateness of the Ince deal.

That, and Buckley wouldn't be able to pass a medical today as - unbelievably- he's currently out injured.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
So Palace's transfer dealings as a premier league club are finally over.

A handful of new jesters then.

They'll need to trim the largest squad in Europe for their return to the Championship in a few months time :lolol:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
What I've heard,
Puncheon £1.75 mill
Hennessy £1.5 mill up front, £1.5 add ons.
Dann £1 mill up front, £1 mill add ons.
Ince £1 mill loan fee, minus Dobbies wages till end of season ( approx £ 150 k )
Ledley £750 k
Not a bad days work.

Edit - Also heard a deal was in place for Buckley ( in case Ince fell through ) at £2.5 mill.

What about INCE'S wages?

And Buckley wasn't going anywhere unless we had a replacement, so a late deal if the Ince one had fallen at the last minute was never happening.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here