Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace deadline day

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Let me first say I think this has been a really good window for Palace and must give them a real chance of survival.
The Ince situation really does interest me, as I understood he has already done the deal with Monaco in the summer. (as is his right with 6 months left on his contract)
We will never know his terms for signing for Palace for 15 games, but I do suspect he would have received both a signing on fee plus a large increase in wages.
If I was a Palace fan I would be concerned about how much or how little effort he will put in with his Monaco deal ( or any other big club) maybe in jeopardy if he were to get seriously injured, in these 15 games. I think his early performances for Palace will soon tell if he is using the club or not.

Very nearly a gracious post fozzy . I wouldn't worry that we might be worried about the ince deal I'm sure sp got a good deal as always . You never know A outside chance of going to brazil might just spur him to pull his finger out .

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
Only player I'm not sure is a really good signing is Dann, but everyone else could definitely lead to Palace staying up this season. That being said I'm not really sure if any of Palace's current central defenders are better than Dann so it could easily be improvements all around the park. A much better window than summer - Pulis really could save them from the drop.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Let me first say I think this has been a really good window for Palace and must give them a real chance of survival.
The Ince situation really does interest me, as I understood he has already done the deal with Monaco in the summer. (as is his right with 6 months left on his contract)
We will never know his terms for signing for Palace for 15 games, but I do suspect he would have received both a signing on fee plus a large increase in wages.
If I was a Palace fan I would be concerned about how much or how little effort he will put in with his Monaco deal ( or any other big club) maybe in jeopardy if he were to get seriously injured, in these 15 games. I think his early performances for Palace will soon tell if he is using the club or not.

Stoke bid £7 mill for him yesterday, so I don't think he's signed with anyone So far.
I believe he wasn't interested in Stokes offer because he and his dad didn't want that money going to Blackpool ( they have a major problem with Oyston)
I'm sure if he does well, he and Palace could do a deal ( as Parrish as indicated ) at the end of the season.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Not at all, I'm a realist, and if Tom really is that good, he won't stay at Palace. We are simply a shop window in the Prem for him.
So we agree then.

However Ince Senior seems fixated on getting the largest possible signing on fee for his lad, which as you are no doubt aware will be most likely if he exploits the loophole of being out of contract with Blackpool then signing for a foreign club. Hello Monaco and loads of lovely moolah?
Yes he might well choose the loophole of going abroad - possibly partly to stitch up Blackpool who sacked his dad. But if he goes abroad, that will be instead of going to another premier club - the point being that it won't be money that takes him away from Palace, he'd be going anyway.

Feb 14, 2010
Palace fans? Come back when you have a major trophy in your history and when you can get 30,000 for second tier football? Mullery was spot on, they are not worth loose change

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Stoke bid £7 mill for him yesterday, so I don't think he's signed with anyone So far.
I believe he wasn't interested in Stokes offer because he and his dad didn't want that money going to Blackpool ( they have a major problem with Oyston)
I'm sure if he does well, he and Palace could do a deal ( as Parrish as indicated ) at the end of the season.

I heard on the radio a little while ago, the representative from the club talking about why Monace had agreed to take Ince in the summer and the financial gain to Ince himself. This club representative was talking about it, as it being all agreed and a done deal. But until he is a free agent others could come in and hijack the deal I suppose, hence the Stoke offer, which if I remember rightly Ince himself turned down. I wonder why (finance in Monaco?)

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Palace fans? Come back when you have a major trophy in your history and when you can get 30,000 for second tier football? Mullery was spot on, they are not worth loose change

Skin'eads skin'eads
Got any rainbow braces ?

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota

The Community Shield or whatever it's called is no bigger than the ZDS Cup and that is definitely not a major trophy.

There are some decent posters on here (even for Brighton fans), sadly you are the exact opposite.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Got to say those are some good Championship players. I thought they were in the Prem tho? Don't they have about 35 first team players already too?

Feb 14, 2010
We got 40k in Div 3 and 4, Read your History

Yes for one game when Millwall took over selhurst as they always used to in those days. Facts are facts, Brighton get bigger gates despite being in a division below and well last year when in the same division you struggled to get half our gate. Now you have Spurs roll into town the premier league murdoch loving day trippers turn out. As for history well Champions of England by beating Villa to lift the Charity Shield in 1910 is real history. Sure you followed us to a Cup final a few years after our FA Cup final but really, palace? Not worth loose change.

Feb 14, 2010
The Community Shield or whatever it's called is no bigger than the ZDS Cup and that is definitely not a major trophy.

You see thats what you get when you support a club like palace, go read some football history and the history of The Charity Shield. Two bob Palace, always have been.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Good window for us

Much better than the last one it has to be said. That was a pretty low target to achieve though.

What amazed me was that the single quality player that you signed in that marvelous spectacle (aka summer transfer window) was shipped out on loan this time. Really strange goings on in the slums that's for sure.

WeScored3...

Banned
Nov 19, 2012

You see thats what you get when you support a club like palace, go read some football history and the history of The Charity Shield. Two bob Palace, always have been.

If Palalce are two bob, what does that make Beaten & Humiliated Albion? So you won a trophy in 1910....jesus. At least the ZDS was in modern times, yet I agree it's nothing worth shouting about. The Sea Girls have never been the Premiership, and until they do actually make it there one day and stay there, you don't have any bragging rights over Palace. Fact that you have a nicer stadium and bigger gates (filled with plastics) is irrelevant, it's what happens on the pitch that matters and in the past decade or so we've been the more successful club (and there aren't many clubs worth their salt we can say that about).

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
If Palalce are two bob, what does that make Beaten & Humiliated Albion? So you won a trophy in 1910....jesus. At least the ZDS was in modern times, yet I agree it's nothing worth shouting about. The Sea Girls have never been the Premiership, and until they do actually make it there one day and stay there, you don't have any bragging rights over Palace. Fact that you have a nicer stadium and bigger gates (filled with plastics) is irrelevant, it's what happens on the pitch that matters and in the past decade or so we've been the more successful club (and there aren't many clubs worth their salt we can say that about).

Ooh that really hurts. By the way, you've too many plastics to ease that term as an insult to others. Plastics don't stick with a club for years in the championship, they suddenly appear when top flight football is on the agenda so they can see their spus, arsenal Chelsea etc - recognise that with palace by any chance?

We'll be expanding our ground when the plastics start coming if we go up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here