Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amanada Knox found guilty and sentenced to 28 years in prison.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
You can't trust the courts in these recent dictatorships, they're all corrupt and influenced by politicians. This feels like a political verdict, someone had to be found guilty to stop them looking stupid and I'd imagine the appeal court overturning the original decision ruffled a few feathers, so this was pretty much a foregone conclusion.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
They're not refusing to hand anyone over though. Read the story.

Yes I've read it like I've read 3 books on the case. I said in my opining post that the US will refuse extradition for Amanda because last month a senior congressman said that they don't extradite US citizens. I've only reported what I've read and the US motto is 'we don't leave anyone behind' but that extends to sending citizens abroad.

We'll have to wait and see what the outcome is but I'd bet that she stays put on US soil. There was also an artical in the US that says she'll have to stay in the US for life as if she ventures abroad then the Italians could demand her arrest and deportation.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Best of 3?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

I only know what I saw on the TV and read in a book about the case (that seemed to be reasonably factual but who knows) but the both sounded pretty guilty to me.

But I'd be amazed if the US extradited her. Public opinion wouldn't stand for it. They'll have an ideal excuse not to, she was found guilty, then released on appeal. Under US and UK law she can't be tried a second time for the same offence, not without significant new evidence or extenuating circumstances - the Double Jeopardy thingy.

It'll be at least a couple of years before we get to that stage though, it will be interested to hear the Presidential candidates say if they would agree with extradition or not.

Maybe the Italian SAS will land in Seattle and kidnap her?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Great to see she intends "to do all she can to prove this verdict is wrong".....

......as long as that doesn't include returning to Italy :lolol:

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Eyes of Innocence

AK1.jpg

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here