Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Update: Girl hit by bus in Brighton has died. :(

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
The Argus…

A student has died after being hit by a bus.

Zhiying He, known as Cecilia, died yesterday following the crash in Lewes Road, Brighton, at 8.35am on Tuesday.

A Sussex Police statement said: "She was a student at the International Study Centre and was living on the campus at the University of Sussex in Brighton.

"The collision happened on Tuesday at about 8.35am on the A270 Lewes Road with the junction of Ringmer Road. The bus was travelling south in a bus lane.

"She suffered serious head injuries and was taken to Southampton Hospital neurological unit. She sadly died there on Wednesday. The bus driver was uninjured."

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
That's very sad news indeed. Thoughts for the driver too. Devastating for all involved

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
That's very sad. I hope the people whom helped do not feel in any way responsible for her death.

I'd like to see speed limits brought down to 20 within the city. I know people should be responsible for themselves, but with so many buses buzzing about and complicated layouts in places, I believe that a 20mph limit would be a great benefit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here