Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liam Bricutt transfer saga has pi##ed me right off...

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
All those 'hoping Sunderland go down' are almost certainly hoping for the Albion to miss out on a significant additional sum of money.

There is no such thing as "almost certainly" and I doubt there would be any fee add on conditions like that, at best it would be a sell on fee.

You could swing your statement the other way and say if Sunderland stay up Gus will almost certainly be back for Ulloa and Buckley.

Do you now?

Okay.

Despite what you say, your motivation and angle on the comment was intended to sell tickets on the Gus Bus :lolol: Not many will adopt Sunderland as their second club and you will have to try harder than that to convert them even if it does mean extra cash if they stay up.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Despite what you say, your motivation and angle on the comment was intended to sell tickets on the Gus Bus :lolol: Not many will adopt Sunderland as their second club and you will have to try harder than that to convert them even if it does mean extra cash if they stay up.

I suggest you take a look at Johnny Cantor's tweet.

Stay up clauses are common, the Albion paid one to Millwall, for example, when we signed McCammon on loan from Millwall.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I suggest you take a look at Johnny Cantor's tweet.

Stay up clauses are common, the Albion paid one to Millwall, for example, when we signed McCammon on loan from Millwall.

It may be true but not necessarily the rule in this case unless you are privy to factual information. If you can confirm you are IKN on this deal I may accept it.

JC has just twattered £3.25m with add ons, which could mean many things other than a staying up fee.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It may be true but not necessarily the rule in this case unless you are privy to factual information. If you can confirm you are IKN on this deal I may accept it.

JC has just twattered £3.25m with add ons, which could mean many things other than a staying up fee.

Has he? There you go. That is the correct figure as I understand, with a modest 'top up' if Sunderland stay up.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
There's an old adage - "Don't believe everything you read in the papers"..........

I haven't bought a rag for about 5 years all of these reports are al over social media, forums, sky sports/ bbc etc etc

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
I haven't bought a rag for about 5 years all of these reports are al over social media, forums, sky sports/ bbc etc etc

Err, sorry I'm going to spell this out for you and hope I've not been suckered. It's an old adage, it doesn't including "social media, forums, sky sports/ bbc etc etc" because it was coined before those forms of mass social intercourse existed and the printed word was the only universal source of information. However, the sentiment still holds true today (and includes, in particular, NSC!).

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Pete O'Rourke ‏@SkySportsPeteO 57s
Liam Bridcutt has joined Sunderland on a three-and-a-half year deal from Brighton. #safc #bhafc

Just so you know...

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Err, sorry I'm going to spell this out for you and hope I've not been suckered. It's an old adage, it doesn't including "social media, forums, sky sports/ bbc etc etc" because it was coined before those forms of mass social intercourse existed and the printed word was the only universal source of information. However, the sentiment still holds true today (and includes, in particular, NSC!).

I see your point and appreciate the angle but whilst a lot is speculation what can you believe infact who cares !!

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
I see your point and appreciate the angle but whilst a lot is speculation what can you believe infact who cares !!

:thumbsup:

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Does this mean Bridcutt is our record sale now? Have we sold a player for a higher price?

I believe Elliott Bennett was the previous highest sale, wasn't he? In that case, (whilst, of course, being officially undisclosed) the initial fee was reported to be 1.5million, with add-ons. Last summer, the Argus reported that Albion had currently received "almost 2million".

That, of course, beats the 1.5million received for Zamora and Virgo. And whatever we ended up receiving for Barry/Standing.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Even more so.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
He publicly made his intentions clear when he took over at Sunderland and he disclosed the first bid for him.

We could argue all day whether the press ran away with the story but the Bridcutt Gus saga has featured high on the Sunderland and NSC forums as well as the media.

I am all for Bridcutt going and proving himself in the Prem but the whole episode, considering what happened in the summer, could have still been handled better. At the end of the day we did Gus a favour by setting him free.

My main point though was not about ours or the clubs thoughts on this, I was just reminding everyone that Oscar had to deal with something that had nothing to do with him and I am sure this will be a massive weight off his back.

Just sharing a thought for Oscar really.

Thanks for the clarification.

I share the view that Oscar has done magnificently well, considering what he had to pick up. I have enormous, respect for the man whether we finish in the play-offs or not.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
If im not mistaken most tabloids are coming out with £2.5mill fee agreed some are saying £3mill. With this in mind why the FK has this dragged on up until nearly the last day of the window?? Its £2.5 million FFS not £4-£6mill!!!! In short we have yet another month shaken up by Poyet and we then go and sell our best player to him a cut price. The more I think about it the more I start getting pi#sed off with how Poyet has treated our club. Lets put it another way how many other holding midfielders are there he could have gone for. I really thought if we were doing business with Poyet and Sunderland they would be paying TOP whack for Liam and as a minimum be trading another player to us. Bad business for us all round. :annoyed:

sounds like Bridcutt's head had gone so we knew we were most likely going to loose him.......i hope sunderland get relegated......disappointing scenario....!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here