Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liam Bricutt transfer saga has pi##ed me right off...

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
He publicly made his intentions clear when he took over at Sunderland and he disclosed the first bid for him.

We could argue all day whether the press ran away with the story but the Bridcutt Gus saga has featured high on the Sunderland and NSC forums as well as the media.

I am all for Bridcutt going and proving himself in the Prem but the whole episode, considering what happened in the summer, could have still been handled better. At the end of the day we did Gus a favour by setting him free.

My main point though was not about ours or the clubs thoughts on this, I was just reminding everyone that Oscar had to deal with something that had nothing to do with him and I am sure this will be a massive weight off his back.

Just sharing a thought for Oscar really.

Poyet wanted to win the battle of will here following the debacle of how he left. He knows exactly what the financial spend is of ours therefore knew that eking this out would create the most amount of drama for Tb which in turn affects everyone else inc us fans anyway. Lets see what tomorrow brings

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
Let's just forget him and his new manager-and just hope they get stuffed by Man City and get relegated. All the respect the pair of them had earned in the past has gone out of the window completely since the start of the year.

Agreed, although I would be sorry for their fans.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
All those 'hoping Sunderland go down' are almost certainly hoping for the Albion to miss out on a significant additional sum of money.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I don't hope they go down. They'd be taking up a precious relegation spot that could otherwise go to a more deserving team.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
All those 'hoping Sunderland go down' are almost certainly hoping for the Albion to miss out on a significant additional sum of money.

Good point. When push comes to shove, I only care about the Albion. IF Sunderland staying up means they pay us more for Liam, then here's hoping they do. As I've said all along, I think Gus will keep them up.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

There is no such thing as "almost certainly" and I doubt there would be any fee add on conditions like that, at best it would be a sell on fee.

You could swing your statement the other way and say if Sunderland stay up Gus will almost certainly be back for Ulloa and Buckley.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
So rather than the mods and associates dropping hints about what they've heard the fee to be - can't one if u just say? It's hardly going to be too secret info surely?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
So rather than the mods and associates dropping hints about what they've heard the fee to be - can't one if u just say? It's hardly going to be too secret info surely?

Sorry, we do have the full contract details in the mods only area but the club would go apeshit if it was revealed

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
If im not mistaken most tabloids are coming out with £2.5mill fee agreed some are saying £3mill. With this in mind why the FK has this dragged on up until nearly the last day of the window?? Its £2.5 million FFS not £4-£6mill!!!! In short we have yet another month shaken up by Poyet and we then go and sell our best player to him a cut price. The more I think about it the more I start getting pi#sed off with how Poyet has treated our club. Lets put it another way how many other holding midfielders are there he could have gone for. I really thought if we were doing business with Poyet and Sunderland they would be paying TOP whack for Liam and as a minimum be trading another player to us. Bad business for us all round. :annoyed:

If you get this wound up by something this irrelevant, you need to sort yourself out

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Sorry, we do have the full contract details in the mods only area but the club would go apeshit if it was revealed

Holier than thou attitude belittling the minions - like it ;) you'll go far 😄

Wasn't aimed at all mods & their associates just don't get why some need to drop hints they know yet won't say. Surely either say what it is or say nothing?!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
CalmDownDearThread.jpg

She is pretty

:cool:

And wearing fishnets:ohmy:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think the fee that has been mentioned is about right and probably the best we would get. Holding midfielders do not command high fees and it appears that the club had a value for him and have stuck out and got that fee, or at least more than was originally offered. We all guessed he would be sold during this window so I see no cause for despondency.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here