Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liam Bricutt transfer saga has pi##ed me right off...

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
If im not mistaken most tabloids are coming out with £2.5mill fee agreed some are saying £3mill. With this in mind why the FK has this dragged on up until nearly the last day of the window?? Its £2.5 million FFS not £4-£6mill!!!! In short we have yet another month shaken up by Poyet and we then go and sell our best player to him a cut price. The more I think about it the more I start getting pi#sed off with how Poyet has treated our club. Lets put it another way how many other holding midfielders are there he could have gone for. I really thought if we were doing business with Poyet and Sunderland they would be paying TOP whack for Liam and as a minimum be trading another player to us. Bad business for us all round. :annoyed:

Not really Poyet is the only manager interested in him and players are only worth the highest offer. Hopefully it will be nearer the £3m, but I see the sale as a blessing in disguise because we can do so much more with the cash. We are lucky that he was desperate to sign him.

The only thing I didn't like about the deal was Poyet making it a media circus and Bridcutt handing in a transfer request. On both accounts there has been little respect shown to Oscar but now he can get on with his job.

Russconha

Jul 8, 2012
Littlehampton
If im not mistaken most tabloids are coming out with £2.5mill fee agreed some are saying £3mill. With this in mind why the FK has this dragged on up until nearly the last day of the window?? Its £2.5 million FFS not £4-£6mill!!!! In short we have yet another month shaken up by Poyet and we then go and sell our best player to him a cut price. The more I think about it the more I start getting pi#sed off with how Poyet has treated our club. Lets put it another way how many other holding midfielders are there he could have gone for. I really thought if we were doing business with Poyet and Sunderland they would be paying TOP whack for Liam and as a minimum be trading another player to us. Bad business for us all round. :annoyed:

How dare he sign a player for nothing who goes on to be our best player for 2 seasons then give us millions of pounds for him!

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Here's another "Take care of your broom"

Ah yes, West Sussex saying I believe, probably originating in the Shoreham area. :thumbsup:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Not really Poyet is the only manager interested in him and players are only worth the highest offer. Hopefully it will be nearer the £3m, but I see the sale as a blessing in disguise because we can do so much more with the cash. We are lucky that he was desperate to sign him.

The only thing I didn't like about the deal was Poyet making it a media circus and Bridcutt handing in a transfer request. On both accounts there has been little respect shown to Oscar but now he can get on with his job.

What did Poyet do to make it a media circus? Genuine question.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Given that Poyet himself described LB as 'a £5 million player', I would be very surprised if the club have agreed a deal for a fee substantially less than that. The asking price may have dropped slightly if Sunderland are paying the majority of it up-front, with a bit leftover as add-ons.

To me, a deal worth £4 million in total is probably about right.

this is acceptable and good business.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
3 million would be aawesome business i think. He's a holding midfield player, rightly or wrongly they just dont command great value in the transfer market

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
3 million would be aawesome business i think. He's a holding midfield player, rightly or wrongly they just dont command great value in the transfer market

£3mill is the min, IMHO (what do I know) is he is worth £3.5-£4mill. It seems that the +£500k-£1mill is a big difference to us in terms of buying in

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
CalmDownDearThread.jpg

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
£2.5m would be a terrible deal.

probably tapped him up and he's refusing to play for us again and pushing the move through with his agents.

....and still the poyet lovers are on here daily.

i would like sunderland to go down as much as palace.

So......on the basis of having zero concrete knowledge you want Sunderland relegated as much as Palace, and you claim to be an Albion fan?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
What did Poyet do to make it a media circus? Genuine question.

He publicly made his intentions clear when he took over at Sunderland and he disclosed the first bid for him.

We could argue all day whether the press ran away with the story but the Bridcutt Gus saga has featured high on the Sunderland and NSC forums as well as the media.

I am all for Bridcutt going and proving himself in the Prem but the whole episode, considering what happened in the summer, could have still been handled better. At the end of the day we did Gus a favour by setting him free.

My main point though was not about ours or the clubs thoughts on this, I was just reminding everyone that Oscar had to deal with something that had nothing to do with him and I am sure this will be a massive weight off his back.

Just sharing a thought for Oscar really.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here