Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liam Bricutt transfer saga has pi##ed me right off...

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
If im not mistaken most tabloids are coming out with £2.5mill fee agreed some are saying £3mill. With this in mind why the FK has this dragged on up until nearly the last day of the window?? Its £2.5 million FFS not £4-£6mill!!!! In short we have yet another month shaken up by Poyet and we then go and sell our best player to him a cut price. The more I think about it the more I start getting pi#sed off with how Poyet has treated our club. Lets put it another way how many other holding midfielders are there he could have gone for. I really thought if we were doing business with Poyet and Sunderland they would be paying TOP whack for Liam and as a minimum be trading another player to us. Bad business for us all round. :annoyed:

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
If im not mistaken most tabloids are coming out with £2.5mill fee agreed some are saying £3mill. With this in mind why the FK has this dragged on up until nearly the last day of the window?? Its £2.5 million FFS not £4-£6mill!!!! In short we have yet another month shaken up by Poyet and we then go and sell our best player to him a cut price. The more I think about it the more I start getting pi#sed off with how Poyet has treated our club. Lets put it another way how many other holding midfielders are there he could have gone for. I really thought if we were doing business with Poyet and Sunderland they would be paying TOP whack for Liam and as a minimum be trading another player to us. Bad business for us all round. :annoyed:

There's an old adage - "Don't believe everything you read in the papers"..........

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
It started off with reports of £4m, suggesting it'll be £2.5m with addons presumably triggered by them staying in the Premier League

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

Calm down dear, it's only football......

Stumpy Tim

So you don't know the value and you're annoyed that that unknown value is too low?

:jester:

Geriatric Seagull

Nov 10, 2009
Littlehampton
Let's just forget him and his new manager-and just hope they get stuffed by Man City and get relegated. All the respect the pair of them had earned in the past has gone out of the window completely since the start of the year.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
So, just so I'm clear: you don't know what the fee is but you're complaining about it?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

Calm down dear.... none of us are privy to the actual figures yet, and at the end of the day its not your or my money is it.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Given that Poyet himself described LB as 'a £5 million player', I would be very surprised if the club have agreed a deal for a fee substantially less than that. The asking price may have dropped slightly if Sunderland are paying the majority of it up-front, with a bit leftover as add-ons.

To me, a deal worth £4 million in total is probably about right.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
We never seem to get top whack when other clubs seem to get ridiculous deals.

That said , 2.5million is not a bad price

Seems bad quoted against the 4 m but previous threads have seen a majority happy with 3m which with add ons this probably is.

For me the fact we are where we are without him softens the blow.

That said , Poyet is an arse !!

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
£2.5m would be a terrible deal.

probably tapped him up and he's refusing to play for us again and pushing the move through with his agents.

....and still the poyet lovers are on here daily.

i would like sunderland to go down as much as palace.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
My understanding is that the agreed fee is £25 million, and I'm happy with that. looks like some reports have accidentally placed a decimal point in there.

Let's just forget him and his new manager-and just hope they get stuffed by Man City and get relegated.
It's possible the fee will be affected by whether or not Sunderland stay up, so maybe we should be cheering them on.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The thing to bear in mind is Liam didn't cost us anything to sign and could have ended up at Smellhurst if they had made the correct decision.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there

How would you feel if you found out that part of the deal was Wickham's loan to the end of the season with an agreed transfer fee if we were promoted and with no loan fee (unlike Palace paying a mint to loan Ince) and Sunderland paying his wages?

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
How would you feel if you found out that part of the deal was Wickham's loan to the end of the season with an agreed transfer fee if we were promoted and with no loan fee (unlike Palace paying a mint to loan Ince) and Sunderland paying his wages?

Although I know nothing of any such arrangement.......:)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here