Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus Poyet has blasted Stoke for unsettling two of his Sunderland stars.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Was that a misspelled attempt at a racial slur?

it was a deliberate avoidance of a racial slur but very close to one , just to keep myself out of trouble like..........have lost a lot of respect for Poyet , he is the centre of the cosmos as far as he's concerned. as others have said ......good manager but a hypocrite.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Not so sure - I've seen the way some people look at bread.....

fru_t_bunn.jpg

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Very difficult to move on when the most ego-centric, damaging and disgraceful behaviour by a manager in our history scuppered our very good chances of getting PL football. He wasn't bothered, he wanted out and was pulling every stunt in the book to discredit our club and protect his reputation.
It will continue to stick in the throat of many on here, when we read other posters lauding him on here and calling him our greatest ever manager and they'd have him back in a shot.
He tarnished his reputation here and should never be forgiven for trying to hold the club we love to ransom. The man is an ******** and most unknowing neutrals wallow in his ocean of self-publicity.
I shall never forgive or forget his attitude to our club. A club that always backed him, put him on the managerial ladder and then found itself shat upon.

I'm with you Mo. Suspect Creaky is a CP fan judging by the address and comments!

D

Deleted member 2719

I notice all the Bridcutt shouldn't go to Sunderland as they aren't going to be a Premier League club talk has gone a bit quiet. Poyet didn't need to turn Bridcutt. I'm assuming the chance to at least double his money, sign a long term contract at a bigger PREMIER LEAGUE club may well have done that.

Some of you are utterly obsessed with our ex-manager, it's unhealthy. He's moved on, you should too.

It is a forum where we debate stuff and I am so glad we don't all agree.
I still look forward to seeing his head pop again when things don't go the way he wants it. As for bridcutt I liked the footballer and I am sure he will do well, hopefully not with Sunderland thou.:)

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Unfortunately a club that also made one of the biggest PR boobs by sacking GP whilst he was live on TV, suspended two of his staff, (one patently without any good reason as they later reinstated him), and one of whom was in his 'benefit year' thus depriving AITC of a big payday.

Neither 'side' came out of that sad episode with glory :(

He wasn't sacked live on air, he and his lawyers knew about it before that little charade of his on telly. Do you know the full reasons for Taricco's suspension? I seriously doubt it. Few if none of us do so quite how you can make such a definite statement about it is a little puzzling (actually it's not - you've an awful lot of form in a very short time here for assuming the worst in the current board).

Oatway's arrangement with the AITC was between him and the charity. As I understand it anyway, Oatway was compensated for the estimated benefit year income by the club as part of a settlement package.

The club did make several PR gaffes and no-one came out of it with glory but then again that was always going to be the case. It really is time for everyone to move on regarding Poyet's sacking - including those who still use it as a stick to beat the current board.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Unfortunately a club that also made one of the biggest PR boobs by sacking GP whilst he was live on TV, suspended two of his staff, (one patently without any good reason as they later reinstated him), and one of whom was in his 'benefit year' thus depriving AITC of a big payday.

Neither 'side' came out of that sad episode with glory :(

Little tip - if ever you are in a quiz, choose 'talking bollocks on the internet' over 'employment law'

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
It is a forum where we debate stuff and I am so glad we don't all agree.
I still look forward to seeing his head pop again when things don't go the way he wants it. As for bridcutt I liked the footballer and I am sure he will do well, hopefully not with Sunderland thou.:)

Sunderland is as much a stopping point on the Poyet journey as Brighton was. It's a shame but to use a horribly overused phrase "that's modern football."

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
He wasn't sacked live on air, he and his lawyers knew about it before that little charade of his on telly.

concerning the 'sacked on telly' business, I think it was the BBC who span that nice little story for themselves.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here