Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus Poyet has blasted Stoke for unsettling two of his Sunderland stars.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
His complaint seems to be there is talk of interest with no actual bids (I suppose that would be the difference between this case and Sunderland having made official bids for bridcutt and Buckley), if I had to guess I'd say it was perhaps more an attempt to get stoke to actually bid for the players disguised as a complaint.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Of course, wouldn't it be funny if the talk has been between the chairman and/or Stokes director of football and sunderland's chairman.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
His complaint seems to be there is talk of interest with no actual bids (I suppose that would be the difference between this case and Sunderland having made official bids for bridcutt and Buckley), if I had to guess I'd say it was perhaps more an attempt to get stoke to actually bid for the players disguised as a complaint.

It was also more to do with the fact that they did this a day or two before Sunderland played Stoke.

So it's not really similiar to someone bidding for two players in a team they have no scheduled fixtures with.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
He is unbelievable, have we still got any Gus lickers that respect him as a person?
He's probably the finest human currently gracing our planet. Unfortunately a lot of top managers come out with bullshit like that. Jose was slating West Ham yesterday, for coming to Chelsea and playing for a point - what was that all about, is he trying to warn other managers that he'll slag them off if they don't come and at least try to play football, in the hope it'll earn them some points? Wenger and Fergie have been full of shite for as long as I can remember. Perhaps wannabees like Gus look up to them and copy them.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Poyet a Hypocrite, who'd have thunk it? :dunce:

Where are all his lickers to defend him?

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
We already know that he will pull every trick in the book to get what he wants and that includes talking to other football clubs about his future, whilst still contracted to BHA. It is obvious that Bridcutt was approached a long time ago and Poyet and his team have been ' working on him ' ever since.
Once in a while, it would be nice to see him draw breath, step back and remove himself from the spotlight for 24 hours. But thats not his style. He wants to maintain his position as a media darling and if that means reminding everyone that he is around and is a sounding board for every topic in the Universe, 24-7, then he will.
I don't like his character and I make no secret of the fact. What he achieves as a football manager is a different matter. I just wish he could keep his trap shut for 5 minutes!

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I notice all the Bridcutt shouldn't go to Sunderland as they aren't going to be a Premier League club talk has gone a bit quiet. Poyet didn't need to turn Bridcutt. I'm assuming the chance to at least double his money, sign a long term contract at a bigger PREMIER LEAGUE club may well have done that.

Some of you are utterly obsessed with our ex-manager, it's unhealthy. He's moved on, you should too.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I notice all the Bridcutt shouldn't go to Sunderland as they aren't going to be a Premier League club talk has gone a bit quiet. Poyet didn't need to turn Bridcutt. I'm assuming the chance to at least double his money, sign a long term contract at a bigger PREMIER LEAGUE club may well have done that.

Some of you are utterly obsessed with our ex-manager, it's unhealthy. He's moved on, you should too.

Very difficult to move on when the most ego-centric, damaging and disgraceful behaviour by a manager in our history scuppered our very good chances of getting PL football. He wasn't bothered, he wanted out and was pulling every stunt in the book to discredit our club and protect his reputation.
It will continue to stick in the throat of many on here, when we read other posters lauding him on here and calling him our greatest ever manager and they'd have him back in a shot.
He tarnished his reputation here and should never be forgiven for trying to hold the club we love to ransom. The man is an ******** and most unknowing neutrals wallow in his ocean of self-publicity.
I shall never forgive or forget his attitude to our club. A club that always backed him, put him on the managerial ladder and then found itself shat upon.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Very difficult to move on when the most ego-centric, damaging and disgraceful behaviour by a manager in our history scuppered our very good chances of getting PL football. He wasn't bothered, he wanted out and was pulling every stunt in the book to discredit our club and protect his reputation.
It will continue to stick in the throat of many on here, when we read other posters lauding him on here and calling him our greatest ever manager and they'd have him back in a shot.
He tarnished his reputation here and should never be forgiven for trying to hold the club we love to ransom. The man is an ******** and most unknowing neutrals wallow in his ocean of self-publicity.
I shall never forgive or forget his attitude to our club. A club that always backed him, put him on the managerial ladder and then found itself shat upon.

Unfortunately a club that also made one of the biggest PR boobs by sacking GP whilst he was live on TV, suspended two of his staff, (one patently without any good reason as they later reinstated him), and one of whom was in his 'benefit year' thus depriving AITC of a big payday.

Neither 'side' came out of that sad episode with glory :(

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton

This is what I'm saying, the anger is very unhealthy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here