Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*** World's Hardest Creature VII, 2014 SEMI FINAL A ***

Who's harder?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
A clash of the titans coming up. A three time runner up against a two rime runner up. A repeat of last years epic semi final. You've got 48 hours, THINK CAREFULLY before voting, the dreams of two incredibly hard beasts are on the line.

The combatants:

In the blue corner, weighing in at 900pounds, and 5metres in length, he's a three time runner up:

CROCODILE

crocodile_ngr-4295g.jpg
African+Nile+crocodile+and+an+african+elephant.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nile_crocodile

Route to semis:

Group E: Winner
2nd Round: Crocodile 40 v Great White Shark 25
Quarter final: Crocodile 50 v Bengal Tiger 24

Facts: Tough, armour like skin. Most powerful bite per square inch of any animal. Been around for 300million years-outliving the dinosaurs. Killing and survival efficacy not reduced by losing tail or limbs in a fight. Can eat anything. Can survive for a year without food. Has its own official killing move-the death roll.

Vs

In the red corner, weighing in at 35 pounds, 28cm tall and 77 cm long, two time beaten finalist:

HONEY BADGER

Honey%u00252Bbadger2.jpg
honey-badger-vs-lion-103709153300.jpeg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honey_badger

Route to semis:

Group C: Winner
2nd round: Honey Badger 52 v Black Mamba 22
Quarter final: Honey Badger 47 v Grasshopper Mouse 37

Facts: small but incredibly powerful. Tough, thick skin that's hard to penetrate. Loose skin enabling it to twist and turn and carry on the fight even when in the jaws of its opponents. Very strong, long claws on its fore limbs. Smart, has been noted to use tools. Ferocious attitude, will attack large beasts such as horses and cattle if they should intrude on their borrows. In rare cases has been known to stand its ground against Lions. Tireless in battle so can wear down virtually any opponent. If cornered will attack with elemental savagery. Eats poisonous snakes.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Croc all the way.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm not sure crocs are that hard...
300 million years tells it's own story.

One video of the croc being a bit of a pussy in 300m years is still not much evidence.

The badger is hard, but really it can jog on if it thinks it has any right whatsoever to usurp this rugged, killing machine stayer of a beast.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
300 million years tells it's own story.

One video of the croc being a bit of a pussy in 300m years is still not much evidence.

The badger is hard, but really it can jog on if it thinks it has any right whatsoever to usurp this rugged, killing machine stayer of a beast.

evolutionary characteristics are not necessarily evidence of hardness. Turtles have also been around for the same length of time...

this made me laugh though for anyone that voted 'man' in the previous rounds...

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
The Honey Badger is more aggressive, more fearless, more reckless, more prone to attacking and castrating MUCH bigger animals.

Vote croc by all means if you don't understand what 'hard' really means.

Or do the right thing and vote BADGER.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Wow. This is a REAL morale dilemma for me.

I was TEAM MOUSE. All the way. So do I go for the badger who somehow defeated the mouse or do I show my ANGER bu voting Croc?

I'm really going to need to sit down and think about this one for a while.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Exactly. It's either NILE Croc v Honey Badger or Croc v Badger

You can't have this unfair mix and match nonsense.

This isn't true. A honey badger isn't a badger or even sub species of badger, it's only called that because it looks like one. A Caiman however is still a crocodile or crocodylian.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Also here we have a single SPECIES battling against an entire ORDER of animals. Yet again the Honey Badger punches above it's weight.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
This isn't true. A honey badger isn't a badger or even sub species of badger, it's only called that because it looks like one. A Caiman however is still a crocodile.
Not true. A caiman is NOT a crocodile.

So you are wrong and my point stands.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
I originally nominated the Nile Crocodile. A Caiman is much more of a sissy.

A Caiman isn't even a crocodile, full stop. Not even the same family of species (it's in with the alligators), only the same order.

A cute little otter is more closely related to the honey badger than the caiman is to the mighty croc.

Last edited:

Honey badger because it punches above its weight. A reptile that has evolved over 300m years and looks well scary jolly well should be attacking and eating things about the same size as itself.

The Honey badger has the cojones to attack and eat venomous creatures and effectively tell one of the greatest land predator's to "eff off" if it disturbs its sleep could easily get by on munching smaller beasties that would offer it no threat. But it doesn't and chooses to be a well hard mammal.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Vote croc by all means if you don't understand what 'hard' really means.

Strange how few of the HB brigade applied that logic with the grasshopper mouse in the last round.

Honey badger because it punches above its weight.

The Honey badger has the cojones to attack and eat venomous creatures and effectively tell one of the greatest land predator's to "eff off" if it disturbs its sleep could easily get by on munching smaller beasties that would offer it no threat. But it doesn't and chooses to be a well hard mammal.

Same comment again.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
One thing that the croc does have is very tough skin, I'll give it that. And I had a crocodile steak once and it was quite chewy.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here