Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hull: Saturday > Monday - what does it mean for you?

Relative to a Saturday 3pm kickoff, what does the Hull Monday evening mean for your group?

• More of my group will be coming

Votes: 20 8.5%
  • The same number of us will be coming

Votes: 93 39.4%
  • Fewer of us will be coming

Votes: 50 21.2%
  • None of us will be coming

Votes: 45 19.1%
  • I/we weren't coming Saturday, won't come Monday

Votes: 28 11.9%

• Total voters

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Means I won't even be able to see the match on TV due to work commitments let alone make it there to watch us lose :(

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Was going to come down to Brighton for the weekend with the wife and watch the match. Now I'm not.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Going before. Going now. Just a bit more of a dash after work.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
A kickoff close to midnight over here means a late night watching the stream.

A small price to pay if it means that all of us expat seagulls can watch it.

Our son doesn't get to evening games as he can't leave work in time to make the KO.

Three of us normally come by car from Alfold/Loxwood. Getting into the UoS C/P for the Reading game was a pain due tailbacks on the Lewes Road back to Coldean Lane. Decided then that we wouldn't bother if the travel was organised like this again so there's your answer.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Unfortunately, I go with 3 other dads all of us with kids under 10, so none of them will be able to come.... It's leading to me and the fellow Dads to have to go to the game without kids, probably moving out of our normal seats in the family stand, and into the north, where with no parental responsibility, we'll be forced to drink lots of ale and lager and sing our merry heads off! :drink::cheers::whisky:

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Question for all those people who say they are now not going because they will get home late etc:

If we were away to Arsenal or Chelsea would you of not wanted a ticket ?

Man up it's the 5th round of the fa cup !!!

Man up my arse....you knock off work at lunchtime on a Monday, Drive 240 Miles (round Trip) get home at 1-130, then up again for work at 530 -6...

I manage that for all evening games, This one is on TV so i will save a few quid and miles....plus we have 2 home games the previous week.

TV and couch for me....Oh Chelsea or arsenal away NO I would not pay their prices.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
A right pain, as I work in London. Fortunately, I don't work on Mondays, so should still make it, but it makes getting to and from the game a nuisance. It's okay going, as I can get the bus from the Prison Crossroads, but Brighton and Hove Buses won't lay any extra buses on for the journey back, so a long walk from Lewes Station. I'm more concerned about the atmosphere, though. A full Amex on a Saturday with plenty of Hull fans down would give a far better atmosphere, and a greater likelihood of us pulling off an upset. Hull will probably only bring 500* and play defensively, aiming to hit us on the break. I'm probably being pessimistic, as Hull would have been favourites anyway, but I think an upset is far less likely.

* Awaits to be flamed, as they sell out their full allocation.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Man up my arse....you knock off work at lunchtime on a Monday, Drive 240 Miles (round Trip) get home at 1-130, then up again for work at 530 -6...

I manage that for all evening games, This one is on TV so i will save a few quid and miles....plus we have 2 home games the previous week.

TV and couch for me....Oh Chelsea or arsenal away NO I would not pay their prices.

Fair enough, but this is the 5th round of the fa cup !

It's not that often we get this chance !

Would rather do this game, if I had your same travel schedule, than say leeds at home in the next home league game in midweek !

Last edited:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Its a blow to me. I was going to bring the whole family from Wales to watch this one, my two daughters and wife are yet to experience the Amex. Unfortunately its on a school night now (Powys half term is a week later) so we won't be coming.

There will be other opportunities, but the reasonably priced tickets as well as the excitement of reaching the later rounds of the cup made this an appealing fixture.

At least its on the telly.

:(

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
For me it's a bonus evening with Michael "should have gone to Specsavers" Owen, dire , but in this instance welcome.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I couldn't make the Saturday game cause the wife is working. Moving the game to Monday means I can go. So I'm rather chuffed about the change of date and have already sorted my normal season ticket seats in West Upper.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Our son doesn't get to evening games as he can't leave work in time to make the KO.

Three of us normally come by car from Alfold/Loxwood. Getting into the UoS C/P for the Reading game was a pain due tailbacks on the Lewes Road back to Coldean Lane. Decided then that we wouldn't bother if the travel was organised like this again so there's your answer.

Easy solution to the tailback is drive to the Kingston roundabout and turn round. No tailback or very little from the east.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here