Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hull: Saturday > Monday - what does it mean for you?

Relative to a Saturday 3pm kickoff, what does the Hull Monday evening mean for your group?

• More of my group will be coming

Votes: 20 8.5%
  • The same number of us will be coming

Votes: 93 39.4%
  • Fewer of us will be coming

Votes: 50 21.2%
  • None of us will be coming

Votes: 45 19.1%
  • I/we weren't coming Saturday, won't come Monday

Votes: 28 11.9%

• Total voters

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Would have done either. Monday is also half term so my young daughter will get to experience a big cup tie with an evening atmosphere as I think there should be a good gate, albeit not many Hull Tiger fans!

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Seriously disappointed. I was about to book Friday to Sunday flights but have long standing commitments at work for the Monday so will have to resign myself to seeing us progress from the pub in Glasgow.

TNBA

TTF

dstanman

Jul 1, 2011
Was ok with either Sat or Sunday, but no way can get there for Monday night. Already had to book the Tuesday off for the Leeds game the on the Tuesday the week before. Good income for the club, just a shame the FA and premiership have sold the fans down the river in preference to allowing players to be paid unrealistic wages

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Being self employed 'Wrong Direction' and I are very lucky to pack up at lunch time for evening games (after an all day GUTBUSTER BREKKIE:drool:)
We both live ten/fifteen minutes away if the bus is on time:rolleyes:
Very lucky compared to most fans, but I have kept Dicks Bar in PROFIT for the last three and a half years:drink:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Half term for me and I should be rested after an incredibly challenging half term, so I expect I will attend. Saturday may have come too soon.

It also means I don't have to miss ITA vs SCO and ENG vs IRE in the RBS6, which may have persuaded me to ignore the FACR5.

Last edited:

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
6 going on whichever day it is on... doesn't mean that I wouldn't have preferred a different day but money talks! (tv money etc.)

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
Would have prefered Saturday, but as I've got Brighton Half Marathon on Sunday, means there is less temptation to drink too much.

Though not sure what my work situation is on Monday.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I'm still going, but it will be a lot less fun.

I now have to blag leaving work early and rush back from Bromley where I'm working that day. Probably won't have time for a beer, will most likely be caught in the train scrum and will arrive tired and hungry.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Question for all those people who say they are now not going because they will get home late etc:

If we were away to Arsenal or Chelsea would you of not wanted a ticket ?

Man up it's the 5th round of the fa cup !!!

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
It's a minor inconvenience -- we had tickets for Van Morrison at the Dome on Monday 17th. Have swapped them for (rather worse) seats at the second gig on Tuesday 18th because of the Hull match (and incurred a fee for the privilege).
The irony is, that we originally booked for the Tuesday gig, and then I swapped them to the Monday gig (for worse seats, and incurring a fee), because of an inaccurate rumour on NSC that the Leeds match was going to be moved to Tuesday 18th because of the clash with Port Vale.
So the net effect is that we're going to the same gig we originally planned to go to on the same date, but in much worse seats and having had two extra admin fees. On top of that Van the man will probably be sh*t, as always seems to happen when I go to see people whose music I liked in my 20s.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
evening games when you have nearly 100 miles to travel each way (and have no holiday left to take) are a right pain. Was really looking forward to it but feel rather deflated now.

Pintos

Jul 28, 2005
Oxted
On holiday:
Saturday I would not have been able to follow the game at all.
Monday I now have a perfect window to follow it at Miami airport - hopefully there'll be a sports bar showing it! At the very least I'll have NSC.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I'm going. So are my kids and brother. However, we are in the family stand and on a Saturday it's packed around us. I know it's half term but evening games are never well attended in there (barring palace). I think there'll be large gaps all around now unfortunately. Would have been different if we'd drawn a big club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here