Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lee Wallace...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
From the independants recent report on man city and ffp.

"Some observers question whether City's Etihad sponsorship deal, worth around £400m over 10 years, is a means of the club's Abu Dhabi owners artificially injecting cash to reduce losses, but the club deny that and insist the deal is in line with market rates"

They have got away with it. No doubt forest have their escape route planned as well. Little call to a fellow investor, ask them to sponsor you. The owners will know what they're doing.

Forest are under FL FFP.

Jambo Seagull

Jul 18, 2003
The Athens of the North
Fair enough. I honestly know nothing about him.

He broke into a very strong Hearts team at the age of 17/18. He's comfortably the best player on Rangers' books at the moment, and about the only one with any re-sale value. He is also the thickest man I have ever met. One of my best mates was his brief when he had a brush with the law. Marauding left back but pretty strong defensively. The talk up here is that he'll go to Forest.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I know.

The point remains. Sponsorship is meant to be a no no in the prems FFP....but City did it spectacularly.

I'm not sure you can use one version of FFP and a different club / set of circumstances as your example, and categorically state that, under a different set of FFP rules, that a different club doing a similar thing will just get away with it.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I'm not sure you can use one version of FFP and a different club / set of circumstances as your example, and categorically state that, under a different set of FFP rules, that a different club doing a similar thing will just get away with it.

It's an educated guess.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Good player and one of about 5 standouts in this current Rangers team. Although they are only playing in Scottiosh football's third tier, maybe worth a punt.

We have had one good buy from the Gers in the past although he reputedly missed a sitter in some minor Wembley match!

TNBA

TTF

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
If he's available now then it would be ridiculous to leave the deal, miss out on him and then be searching for a left back in the summer when we knew all along we needed one. He will get 5 months with the squad and will be completely settled in time for him being number1 choice next season.

Ridiculous indeed...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here