• I don't really care, I just enjoy following The Albion

Votes: 26 46.4%

• Total voters

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Would you rather:

Play really exciting football and go all out attack but leave ourselves short in defence meaning we would lose a few games and miss out on the Play-Offs

OR

Play boring defensive Football and nick the odd goal to win 1-0 and pick up draws in the other games and finish in the Play-Offs

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Thing is different people like different football. I (& many others) bloody LOVED the football under Gus. Others saw it as boring and negative (despite the odd 5-0 and 6-0).

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
When I played in the Brighton League my team always played fast attacking football,and always lost.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I find a good balance exciting. If you go all out attack leaving your defence exposed it becomes 'you have a shot, we have a shot' and it just up and down the pitch like a game of basketball. That doesn't entertain me. I like ups and downs, I like the low periods to give me a chance to catch my breath from the last attack and to take in what happened. I like seeing the defence tested and prove their mettle when challenged showing quality at both ends of the team.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Would you be happy if we played fast, attacking football but got relegated because we conceded too many, like Peterborough?

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Voted don't care because at the moment we don't play boring football. We play continental football where we keep the ball. Gus started it 4 years ago now: 'PASS' 'PASS' 'PASS' he would scream at Adam El Abd from behind his dugout at Withdean. Oscar has carried this phiolosophy on. Problem is, man for man, our team is as talented as any in the Championship and we all wonder why we struggle to turn possession football into goals. Still massively prefer the system of football we play now compared to anything since the days of Wardy & Co. And let's not forget - we are now an established Championship Club.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Strange set of options. I'm not saying last night was the best game ever but it was a point away to a side who have been top of the table for a decent length of time this season.

Just because we play a 0-0 up there doesn't make us boring generally?

There have been elements of our play this season that I'd say are less boring than last year to be honest. Less fannying around at the back. We happen to have one of the most reliable back lines in the division which, combined with our lack of strikers at times, does make a few stalemates unlikely. But they haven't all been tedious.

(Yeovil away was. I'll give you that).

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Out of the options I put boring football and the play off's as I want us to go as far as possible and gain promotion. Plus I always find it more entertaining if we've won rather than lost no matter what the football was like in between.

But to be honest, I always enjoy watching the Albion so option three also.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
I've voted for exciting football but I think we've generally had a great defence and still managed to play good football while being cautious. The stats say that. Tight at the back but not enough goals. We'll get there eventually. I think we achieved the balance end of last season but injuries and obviously management changes have scuppered that so far. Hopefully Obika or someone else before Saturday can provide the right support to Leo for the rest of the season and we will see a similar end to last year.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
If we're winning, I don't care. If we're losing then I'd rather watch us lose playing attractive football instead of lose playing hoofball.

Russconha

Jul 8, 2012
Littlehampton
It's still early days under the Oscar regime and being solid defensively is the foundation of any successful team. I'd rather have a tight defense and be in 8th than lose games 4-3 and be 18th.

If it is the same this time next year once Oscar has really stamped his mark on the team (assuming we don't go up) I would be concerned, but as it stands, I'm reasonably satisfied with being 'boring'.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Would you rather:

Play really exciting football and go all out attack but leave ourselves short in defence meaning we would lose a few games and miss out on the Play-Offs

OR

Play boring defensive Football and nick the odd goal to win 1-0 and pick up draws in the other games and finish in the Play-Offs

You make it sound like defensive football is guaranteed a play off spot..... If only it were that simple...

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
You make it sound like defensive football is guaranteed a play off spot..... If only it were that simple...

I was wondering if people would accept boring football for a guaranteed play off or if they would rather lose a fair amount of games but it be an exciting game.

Obviously you can have it the other way round. Or neither of the options.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
I was wondering if people would accept boring football for a guaranteed play off or if they would rather lose a fair amount of games but it be an exciting game.

Obviously you can have it the other way round. Or neither of the options.

I'd like mix of both if possible.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here