Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Road rage video. Which side are you on - Team Bike or Team car?

Team Bike or Team Car?

• Team Bike

Votes: 85 41.9%
  • Team Car

Votes: 118 58.1%

• Total voters

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
Team Bike.

The anti-bike brigade go on and on about cyclists disobeying rules. An apparently law abiding cyclist points out the fault of the driver and he gets lamped for it?

No he gets ignored for pointing out the drivers Highway Code rule breach. He gets lamped for chasing after him, banging on his car window and shouting obscenities at him, I imagine! :shrug:

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
If the cyclist was weaving in and out of lanes or running lights then he's being a tw*t and will eventually get hit by a car and probably deserve it. But in this case the cyclist is stationary, whilst the car is cutting into a cycle lane at a red light to get what, a 1-second head start when the lights change? The cyclist is 100% right to call him on it, although why he chases him down is another matter. However, the driver getting out and whacking him is proof of what a cock the bloke is. He's in the wrong and when called on it, he knows it, but with no actual defence to offer he resorts to a punch. Brilliant. A lot of cyclists take their lives for granted in the city but this bloke, other than swearing at the driver, has done nothing wrong in the laws of the road. It saddens me that so many people will instantly jump to the defence of this motorist when the guy is so clearly in the wrong.

If you were driving and got cut up at a roundabout, then ended up next to the culprit at the next junction, would you be fine if person then got out and smacked you in the face for him cutting you up? No. So why is it any different for a cyclist? Because a lot of people are self-obsessed bullies who think they have any right to do anything they want on the road, and a cyclist is an easy target.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Team Bike.

The anti-bike brigade go on and on about cyclists disobeying rules. An apparently law abiding cyclist points out the fault of the driver and he gets lamped for it?

Cyclist aggressively knocks on car window 'effing and blinding at the driver.
Driver gets out and lamps cyclist.
Cyclist whimpers off as he can give it but can't take it.
Evens.

Ceej

Feb 1, 2013
Manchester
Two prats. One on a bike and one in a car. Some people are just wound up before they get on their bikes in the morning and some are wound up before getting in their cars. In this case I couldn't help smiling when the shouty cyclist got lamped. Deary me.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Team car.
One cyclist was asking for trouble here, and got it, the others were minding there own business.
The car driver was in the wrong and the cyclist had a moan, he should have left it there not chased the driver for another go.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
The cyclist really pisses me off, getting all indignant and self righteous but when it comes to an actual confrontation what does he do? ****ing nothing. If you're going to bang on the window and shout whatever it was he shouted (cant be assed to watch the video again) then be prepared to get punched and throw a couple back.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
car parked in the bike space = illegal

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The cyclist was holding up traffic and didn't even notice the lights turned green?

The light was red when the cyclists stopped, it was red when the car pulled into the cycle box, it was red when the cyclist backed up to the car. The light changes as the cyclist is trying to point out to the driver he is in the cycle box, that car pulls away when the light goes green, the cyclists follow. There was no holding up of the traffic.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Aggressive car drivers, what a suprise. ****ing prick.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I agree that both are being pricks. Not about being Team car or team bike just about people behaving with a small amount of respect for each other.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Team Bike.

You're on your own here BoF.
We covered this in Geeks, when it came out, my opinions haven't changed.
I don't think I'm a proper cyclist.
Looking at the latest footage to get my brethren all hot under the lyrca, as usual, I find myself siding with the driver. (or in this case his passenger)

Not if you read the comments under the Youtube clip or pick it up on Twitter.

The cyclist had no reason to position himself where he did, he provoked the driver.
He then admonished the driver for reacting to his selfishness.
I'll wager he's never ridden so fast in his life in order to verbally abuse the driver.
Then the cycling world defend him because he got thumped.

Totally sums up why cycling is dangerous and how complicit cyclists are in this.

Chummy had the space to ride along side the car, at which point he could (should IMHO) have stopped.
Second wheel on the road 2 abreast, happy days.
But he then turned across the front of the car and positioned himself fourth man out (space wise).

It's worth noting the car and all other road users were positioned correctly, BEFORE Attitude Man appeared.

It isn't clear in the video, but the car runs over the cyclists foot.

I'm still team car though.
That is not true.

Matey screams 'f*****g prick you nearly ran over my bike'.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I agree that both are being pricks. Not about being Team car or team bike just about people behaving with a small amount of respect for each other.

This is no time for fence sitting Hippy! Vote car! You know you want to.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Love the determination of the bobble hat on a shit bike to catch the car .
Almost didn't know what to do when got there .

No bollocks when required

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Anyone that drives a BMW is at fault.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here