Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

In the daily mirror tomorrow

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Am I the only person that wants Buckley to stay.

His impact on our big day in august 2011 will never be forgotten & many late winners during that season.

Has he done anything of note since?

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
So we should sell a fantastic player who we cannot keep fit to a premiership club who believe they can keep him fit.rather than find a way to keep him fit.

The fact is...no-one can keep him fit. It is unwittingly, self-inflicted. It is his own style that is his constant downfall. It is his strength and his weakness. Its going to very difficult to try and change someone who has had the same ' push and go ' style for so long. He will spend all his career in and out of the treatment room and sadly, eventually, it will lead to early retirement. Now is the right time to offload him and at that price its a no-brainer.

Albion_Dave

Jul 4, 2011
Eastbourne
4 million is a hell of a lot of money for any Championship player that will only be fit for half the campaign. Take the cash & use it to strengthen the squad with a couple of good quality players.

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
Don't think we should be advertising on here that Harry the Hamstring isn't really worth £4m - and to be honest if we got the £1m back we should be having a party. But if dopey Palace and gullible Gus want to pay it then great. But let's just keep it to ourselves........

Cappers

Deano's right one
Jun 3, 2010
Hove
Lets keep it all quiet as all potential managers read this forum so let's not give them any secrets

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Don't we have a sell-on to pay to Watford if we sell him for any more than £1m?

I do think the theory about the training pitches at the University having an impact on our wingers hamstrings does hold some water, at a club with better facilities he may be able to stay fit longer..... but if (and it is a big IF), the offer is anywhere in that ball-park (.5m more than West Ham offered for the prolific Mccormack), then that is awesome business.

Personally I would put Buckley's valuation at around £2m - £2.5m depending on how fit he is.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Lets keep it all quiet as all potential managers read this forum so let's not give them any secrets

I don't want Buckley to be sold so it's all good if no one pays the 4 million fee.

So, yeah, managers - not worth it.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
You would genuinely turn down FOUR MILLION? I would be shocked if we got any more than half of that in all honesty.

I don't see how losing Bridcutt- who has contributed **** all to this season- and Buckley- who has contributed next to **** all this season- would in any way "**** up our season".

I for one would bite their ****ing hands off for £2.5 million, let alone 4!

To palace I said. Yes without doubt turn it down!

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
agreed although if they are offering $ 4 mill it would be rude not to take it.

Think of the conversion rates - i want £4m, not 2.4.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
well.....

Attachments

• keep-calm-take-the-money-and-run.png
    keep-calm-take-the-money-and-run.png
    45.6 KB · Views: 275

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
If Buckley was always fit, would he be worth £4m based on his footballing ability? 100% Yes.

Is he always fit? Sadly No.

It's a shame as he, on his day, is unplayable. Sadly this offer would be far too good to turn down unless the club are massivly confident that he is over the injury issues.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Buckley and Darren Anderton - I don't recall the fact that he was a sick note ever stopped clubs spunking money on Anderton!

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
If we're offered anything over £2m, we ought to seriously consider that offer. I'd be happy with Conway as a short-term replacement for the simple reason that he's more reliable in terms of match availability, more consistent in terms of performance, and his qualities -- crossing -- suit our formation more and can hopefully kickstart Leo's season. Conway is only the short-term answer, or Championship answer. Oscar's knowledge of Barcelona and La Liga will probably provide the long-term answer, unless that comes from our development squad.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Can anyone name a quality player, whose game is based around pace rather than trickery, and burst onto the scene as a youngster, who ever got over persistent hamstring injuries? Buckley has been suffering from this problem since he signed for us, I don't see it going away.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Buckley and Darren Anderton - I don't recall the fact that he was a sick note ever stopped clubs spunking money on Anderton!

Only one club actually paid for Anderton - Spurs. The rest were free transfers.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Can anyone name a quality player, whose game is based around pace rather than trickery, and burst onto the scene as a youngster, who ever got over persistent hamstring injuries? Buckley has been suffering from this problem since he signed for us, I don't see it going away.

Has Ronaldo ever suffered from hamstring injuries? If the answer to this question is yes, then here's your man, although his game is based around pace, trickery and goal scoring: not a bad combination.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here