Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

In the daily mirror tomorrow

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Am I the only person that wants Buckley to stay.

His impact on our big day in august 2011 will never be forgotten & many late winners during that season.

Fair to say that he has struggled with injury this season but surely he is young enough & loved enough to become a real legend over the next few years.

No you're not. Some fans just judge on the last month or two. Without doubt one of our better players. I wouldn't se to palace for 4mil either! In fact I dunno if we should even consider selling ANOTHER of our best players mid season! We could end up ****ing whole season if Bridcutt & Buckley went.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
No you're not. Some fans just judge on the last month or two. Without doubt one of our better players. I wouldn't se to palace for 4mil either! In fact I dunno if we should even consider selling ANOTHER of our best players mid season! We could end up ****ing whole season if Bridcutt & Buckley went.

I love Buckley and he has been great for us at times. However, for the majority of last season and all of this season, he's been either shit or injured.
Such a shame as I thought he'd go on to be great.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I love Buckley and he has been great for us at times. However, for the majority of last season and all of this season, he's been either shit or injured.
Such a shame as I thought he'd go on to be great.
True, He's not been as good for the last year I agree BUT I believe he showed enough before that to suggest he can get the form back and again be unplayable. Start of last season he was pure gold. I'd at least wait til the Summer to see how he does - what's the rush to do business in Jan with some fans ?!

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
True, He's not been as good for the last year I agree BUT I believe he showed enough before that to suggest he can get the form back and again be unplayable. Start of last season he was pure gold. I'd at least wait til the Summer to see how he does - what's the rush to do business in Jan with some fans ?!

For me, going on current form (1 years worth), it'd be a steal to get any more than 2.5m for him.
Hopefully it comes off and we can move on. Best of luck to him.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
For me, going on current form (1 years worth), it'd be a steal to get any more than 2.5m for him.
Hopefully it comes off and we can move on. Best of luck to him.

Hopefully it won't! And we should never do business with palace ever!

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Lol wut!! FOUR MILLION? Are you have'in a laugh!!!! With the form he's shown over the past two years, I didn't expect more than half of that.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Take the money! We are unlikely to sustain a challenge this year and put it in the kitty for a mega splash in the summer.

If as you say we are unlikley to sustain a challenge this year then why sell a player who has proved at times to be unplayable.

Bridcutt is decent Buckley is quality.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
of the two I would rather keep Buckers
but if they both have to go then off the Sunderland with them and take Wickham +1m
then head for the play-offs

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
of the two I would rather keep Buckers
but if they both have to go then off the Sunderland with them and take Wickham +1m
then head for the play-offs

Over recent weeks we have lost

CONWAY
EL ABD
BARNES
CROFTS
LITA

Over that'd period we have added OBIKA so to suggest that we trade bridcutt & Buckley for wickham seems ludicrous.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Thing is,as soon as Buckley gets up to speed and starts looking good again the cotton snaps.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Thing is,as soon as Buckley gets up to speed and starts looking good again the cotton snaps.

So we should sell a fantastic player who we cannot keep fit to a premiership club who believe they can keep him fit.rather than find a way to keep him fit.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough

You would genuinely turn down FOUR MILLION? I would be shocked if we got any more than half of that in all honesty.

I don't see how losing Bridcutt- who has contributed **** all to this season- and Buckley- who has contributed next to **** all this season- would in any way "**** up our season".

I for one would bite their ****ing hands off for £2.5 million, let alone 4!

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
You would genuinely turn down FOUR MILLION? I would be shocked if we got any more than half of that in all honesty.

I don't see how losing Bridcutt- who has contributed **** all to this season- and Buckley- who has contributed next to **** all this season- would in any way "**** up our season".

I for one would bite their ****ing hands off for £2.5 million, let alone 4!

agreed although if they are offering $ 4 mill it would be rude not to take it.

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
As if we're going to pay 4m for him, it's funny when a positive story comes out about your club from a rag like The Daily Mirror, you all seem to believe it. When they write something negative, it must be bullocks.

(That's not aimed at BHAFC fans specifically, football fans in general)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here