Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UPDATED: Dale Stephens SIGNS 3.5 Year Deal

D

Deleted member 22389

I'm amazed at the negativity based on virtually zero knowledge of the player. I admit I can only recall seeing him play once, but he looked OK.

So am I. The club have obviously seen something in him. He can't be that bad if he is playing in the Championship.
You never know, he probably just needs to find the right club, he could turn out to be a decent addition.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
If he signs give the lad a chance. Some players just need to find the right club. He has played a fair number of games for Charlton so is experienced at this level. People may even be surprised.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
with a name like Dale he probably had a hard time at school. Seeing as he hasnt become a policeman he may just have a bit of a nasty streak which we can always do with

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Charlton manager Chris Powell has told homesick midfielder Dale Stephens he can leave the club if the right offer comes in.

"It's a hard one with Dale because he had the disappointment of not moving in the transfer window this time last year," said Powell.

"He got on with it and I'm mindful of the fact that he has suffered a little bit with homesickness. We have had discussions with him that if anything transpires that might be right for him to go back up north then we'll look at it.

"But if he's here, as I've always said, if they're fit then they are under consideration regardless of their situation.

"We've had that discussion with him but, of course, it takes a club to pick up the phone and if nobody does, he's here. We've had no real interest from northern clubs and we just have to play it by ear and see if anyone comes in. If they don't he'll have to stay fit and, like any footballer, he will play here."

Like this attitude.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
There is a few doubts about how good Stephens is on this board, however, if Brighton DO want him, then that's good enough for me. They employ people with more knowledge than us about who is the right player to sign. In Bloom we trust and all that.

If he can score goals like this, then he can't be too bad...

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Hopefully the 1st of the 4 Oscar wanted before Friday. Maybe 1 more as well if Bridcutt and Buckley leave.
Going to be a fun few days

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
Talks are in a very advanced stage, according to Charlton equivalent of Naylor.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
He's been a solid Champ midfielder who attracted some interest from Aston Villa couple of years ago. Would be a good acquistion to replace Crofts this season and then they can battle it out next season. Only doubt is whether he's still homesick, otherwise if not get him in.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
If he signs give the lad a chance. Some players just need to find the right club. He has played a fair number of games for Charlton so is experienced at this level. People may even be surprised.

Exactly.

Crofts is a good example- he was unwanted at Gillingham and had been on loan in the Conference when we signed him and has since played in the Prem and been arguably our most important player this season until his injury.

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
Exactly.

Crofts is a good example- he was unwanted at Gillingham and had been on loan in the Conference when we signed him and has since played in the Prem and been arguably our most important player this season until his injury.

And lets not forget Liam, who knew much about him.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Ok so say this goes through, I want Bridders Gone for 5Mil, Buckley gone for 2Mil and Conway in plus a decent defender!! Nice bit in the bank and a good squad and want away players gone.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
A colleague of mine says he's a good players, who goes about his business fairly quietly, but does work box to box. sounds just like Crofts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here