Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dean Hammond

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
I'm sure Burkes popularity will rise significantly if he pulls this one off !

Hammond was at Southampton with Burke and Burke must have been instrumental in bringing him here for the loan period, so I would say he has every chance in bringing him back again.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
And over the last 3 seasons he has played a bit part in helping his team get to second, fourth and first in the championship.

He made 32 appearances for the runaway Championship winners last season. 41 appearances for us the season before when we finished 4th (and really should have gone up). Then of course there were 48 appearances for Southampton as club captain when they got promoted in 2011/2012.

Sorry, what was your argument again? Y

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
He made 32 appearances for the runaway Championship winners last season. 41 appearances for us the season before when we finished 4th (and really should have gone up). Then of course there were 48 appearances for Southampton as club captain when they got promoted in 2011/2012.

Sorry, what was your argument again? Y

Apologies, and I bow to your superior font of knowledge for relevant statistics about which my ignorance should be allowed for. I was simply going on starts, and not substitution appearances which would have altered the balance of your argument slightly I am sure you will agree.

No matter, I accept my mistake.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Crofts, Stephens, Ince, JFC and our new unknown quantity from the Congo should really be enough.

For one thing I'd like to see how Crofts plays alongside Stephens because fit and on form we know these are two very decent players. JFC might not be a spectacular player but he has youth on his side and could yet assert himself on the team. We all know Ince can be a real rock on his day and is another with plenty of time on his side to only improve. What's more I don't believe Toko has been signed just as backup so the competition we have in the middle is actually looking pretty decent right now.

As solid a player as Hammond is I really don't think we've room for him in the squad.

For all the doom and gloom of late I think our middle of the park options are actually looking pretty good right now

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Adding someone in midfield with a bit of pace and guile would be nice, if the new man doesn't think March is quite ready to play in the middle.

NOT Hammond.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I wasn't too bothered at the end of last season that we were losing him, in retrospect he'd have been much better than Andrews.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Adding someone in midfield with a bit of pace and guile would be nice, if the new man doesn't think March is quite ready to play in the middle.

NOT Hammond.

March in the middle did not work, so lightweight it was embarrassing. I hope we never see him there again unless he bulks up

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
With regard Hammond, I give the award for the most unusual club trf decision to him when he went to Colchester......very odd. ( it did lead to a move to Saints of course).

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
quite happy if he comes back. solid, dependable player, happy to sit on the bench come on a do a job, and do it well. he isnt flair, he isnt pacey, but how many games could we have done with some grit in the middle of the park?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

NOT Hammond.

March isn't ready to play in the middle, and neither is Hammond the answer. It isn't just a player who can 'do a job' that we need, it's players who excel at their positions that we should be looking to sign, if we are serious about promotion.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Said to be interesting Reading would he be worth an enquiry to Leicester, he would add experience to our midfield if we dont sign Clayton and fit into PB anf his FFP aims.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here