Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dean Hammond

He passed the ball much better than our midfield did last season, surprised he gets so much flak on here

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Central midfield is the one area we are not too badly off.

Let's concentrate budget on keepers, strikers, and defenders for now.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
He was not a pretty player. However he was reasonably physical and was always a threat in the opponents box. He knew his way to goal, something our mid fielders last season lacked.

Every team needs balance.

Last season he made 32 appearances for the Championship title holders of which 22 were as substitute. Could definitely have done a job for us.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I'm sure Burkes popularity will rise significantly if he pulls this one off !

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
He was not a pretty player. However he was reasonably physical and was always a threat in the opponents box. He knew his way to goal
Yeah. Unfortunately he didn't care which goal.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Solid yet unspectacular. Which sums up pretty much every signing we've made in the last 6 months or so.

In fairness he's a strong squad player.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Stephens looks a better player than Hammond so more than happy with him, Crofts, JFC and Ince central midfield. Hammond would have been a decent shout for us last season had we not got Andrews in.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I've missed watching him go round in circles at the pace of a large oil tanker .

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I've missed watching him go round in circles at the pace of a large oil tanker .

and then lunging in two footed when he's trying to win back the ball he just lost.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
He passed the ball much better than our midfield did last season, surprised he gets so much flak on here

It was a result of Gus playing two "defensive midfielders". Little did we know we'd get a team with three of them the next season

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Stephens looks a better player than Hammond so more than happy with him, Crofts, JFC and Ince central midfield. Hammond would have been a decent shout for us last season had we not got Andrews in.

Not so sure about your second sentence, but I agree with everything about your first one, apart from you've missed out on Toko.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
The one position we're alright in is central midfield.

I'm going to have to disagree with you here. Our better players do not play central midfield, it's the one position last season that we were lacking in ability. It may be the only position that we currently have enough players for but none of them are stand out players and I'm not sure any of them would be regular starters for any other championship side aiming for promotion

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I'm going to have to disagree with you here. Our better players do not play central midfield, it's the one position last season that we were lacking in ability. It may be the only position that we currently have enough players for but none of them are stand out players and I'm not sure any of them would be regular starters for any other championship side aiming for promotion

Couldn't agree more. After Crofts got injured we really struggled for dominance in central midfield. Stephens was our best bet but when he got injured we were severely lacking quality replacements. In my opinion, the only truly top class midfielders we have are Crofts, Stephens and potentially Toko. Ince is still improving, as is JFC, but when both play together as was the case a lot last season, we lacked any real power in there.

Hammond would be a good squad player. I suppose the question would be: Haven't we got enough good squad players and don't we need several steps up from there to improve?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here