Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Televised Matches In Round 5

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Every club live on TV in the Fifth Round will receive £247,500 in broadcast fees from The FA while the winners of each Fifth Round tie get an extra £180,000 from The FA Cup prize fund.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
So with tickets now on sale, are we confirmed as Saturday at 3?

I note the official ticket announcement doesn't mention date/time, albeit fixture in schedule is in at 3 on Saturday.

When you go to purchase on line it says sat 3pm ko but ive not seen a official announcement from club as yet

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
PKE? is that like puke?

Sorry. Just me being incredibly childish & echoing what their local chums call them up that way.

Preston Knob End.

I know. But it still tickles me :)

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Every club live on TV in the Fifth Round will receive £247,500 in broadcast fees from The FA while the winners of each Fifth Round tie get an extra £180,000 from The FA Cup prize fund.

That would certainly help the transfer kitty, an extra £430,000 and potentially more money from the next round. Exactly the reason we should be hoping for winnable games rather than just drawing a big team.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
That would certainly help the transfer kitty, an extra £430,000 and potentially more money from the next round. Exactly the reason we should be hoping for winnable games rather than just drawing a big team.

Umm, we only get the £247k if the game is televised, which I'm guessing ours won't be. If money in was the only criterion, we should have hoped for a big team as that would be much more likely to be televised. Personally, I'd prefer a winnable game (which Hull at home is) and progress, foregoing the £247k, but I don't know that PB would....

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Umm, we only get the £247k if the game is televised, which I'm guessing ours won't be. If money in was the only criterion, we should have hoped for a big team as that would be much more likely to be televised. Personally, I'd prefer a winnable game (which Hull at home is) and progress, foregoing the £247k, but I don't know that PB would....

Get through this game though and ALL Round of 8 games are televised.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
So, live on BT Sport, but on Monday 17th February. Bollox. I'm supposed to be going to a gig that night.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here