Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridcutt

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Livid about this - the guy is paid to do a job. I cant go to my boss when I've got stuff on in life and say 'sorry I'm not in the right state of mind to work today'! The lads being linked with a multi million pound deal to the premiership, surely you want to be out on the pitch giving your all and proving you deserve the new contract. Get out on the pitch and do your feckin job. Could accept one match missing for this (just) but 3 games is an absolute joke. The club gave him a platform to showcase his undeniable talent, he can at least have the courage to give something back to Albion rather than sitting at home collecting his £k's whilst his CURRENT club are in the battle of their lives to get into the playoffs against a rival. I hope its not as cut throat as The Argus is suggesting and that he actually has some respect for the Albion

Don't be so naive, it's the club that don't want him to play.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
No Bridcutt again tonight? That will be three games he has missed when he is apparently fit. No matter what he has done in the past it is surely not acceptable for him to be allowed to miss games which are very important to the club which is paying his wages. What message does this give to team-mates and supporters? Either get him off the pay-roll or make him play.

The response below sums it up but I doubt that it will stop you and your ilk posting this rubbish. Garcia picks the team. Assume you had worked that out by now.

What makes you think it's his choice not to play? Everything you've wrote implies that Bridcutt is refusing to lace up when it could simply be the club keeping him out of the way to avoid injury/cup-tie (and the resulting lower fee) or keeping the guys that'll still be here on Feb 1st in the team, why rely on a player you know won't be there next week (probably)?

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Livid about this - the guy is paid to do a job. I cant go to my boss when I've got stuff on in life and say 'sorry I'm not in the right state of mind to work today'! The lads being linked with a multi million pound deal to the premiership, surely you want to be out on the pitch giving your all and proving you deserve the new contract. Get out on the pitch and do your feckin job. Could accept one match missing for this (just) but 3 games is an absolute joke. The club gave him a platform to showcase his undeniable talent, he can at least have the courage to give something back to Albion rather than sitting at home collecting his £k's whilst his CURRENT club are in the battle of their lives to get into the playoffs against a rival. I hope its not as cut throat as The Argus is suggesting and that he actually has some respect for the Albion

It is called pragmatism.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I think we are all finding it rather tedious now and want closure. Out in early August for a hernia op ( 3-4 weeks ) No mention of anything else initially. No show for week after week ( 10-12 weeks ) We are told of another injury issue. Finally, a low-key return but form looks fine, to be followed by a complete loss of form and now, total exclusion from the squad.
Meanwhile, other players have been stepping up to the breach and doing ok. I have to confess, I have always been a massive fan of Bridders but this is now becoming too protracted, too messy and frankly, far too tedious.
Most of us, I believe, have moved on mentally. We just want this done and dusted by Friday night. A little birdie tells me that another PL club ( much closer to home ) are keeping their powder dry until late in the window and may move to scupper this intended deal. We shall see.

D

Deleted member 22389

I think we are all finding it rather tedious now and want closure. Out in early August for a hernia op ( 3-4 weeks ) No mention of anything else initially. No show for week after week ( 10-12 weeks ) We are told of another injury issue. Finally, a low-key return but form looks fine, to be followed by a complete loss of form and now, total exclusion from the squad.
Meanwhile, other players have been stepping up to the breach and doing ok. I have to confess, I have always been a massive fan of Bridders but this is now becoming too protracted, too messy and frankly, far too tedious.
Most of us, I believe, have moved on mentally. We just want this done and dusted by Friday night. A little birdie tells me that another PL club ( much closer to home ) are keeping their powder dry until late in the window and may move to scupper this intended deal. We shall see.

It is getting tedious, I agree. I don't care who he goes too now.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

Geriatric Seagull

Nov 10, 2009
Littlehampton
Dear Mr Bridcutt, I thought you would like to know Dale Stephens, in whom Brighton are reported to be interested, IS playing for his present club tonight. We understand that Sunderland may be interested in signing you. Why are you not playing for your present club in the meantime?

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Livid about this - the guy is paid to do a job. I cant go to my boss when I've got stuff on in life and say 'sorry I'm not in the right state of mind to work today'!

Well....you can. It's called phoning in sick.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
If I'm the manager of a team hoping to achieve a good finish to the season, playing an away game against one of the better sides in the division, do I want to risk picking a player who might be committed, but on the other hand might be thinking about his pending money-spinning transfer to a Premier League club, and consquently (whether consciously or not) tiptoeing around, not quite putting in as much effort as he would have done previous,ly, because he doesn't want to get injured or suspended and jeopardise his big move?

We can't afford passengers in the side, and I'd rather watch Ince (say) busting a gut to get us the three points than someone whose heart isn't in it. 100% agree with Oscar on this one.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Well....you can. It's called phoning in sick.

I must admit, the thought of "can i talk ....cough...cough.....to Mr Garcia............ please... cough.....splutter.............I'm afraid i've been etc etc etc " does bring a smile

*edit* now you've gone and spoilt it by putting a proper answer in

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
I must admit, the thought of "can i talk ....cough...cough.....to Mr Garcia............ please... cough.....splutter.............I'm afraid i've been etc etc etc " does bring a smile

*edit* now you've gone and spoilt it by putting a proper answer in

Dear Mr Garcia

Liam can't come in today because he's got a bit of a sniffle.

Regards

Betty Bridcutt (Liam's mum)

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Somebody has got to bite the bullet and get things moving either Gus or TB so as to resolve this unacceptable situation

Why is it unacceptable? Genuinely.

If there are negotiations going on in the background then everything to have transpired so far seems pretty standard, would you rather we, as a club, took a lesser deal just to get rid? Why?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here