Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Connor Wickham

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
It's either "Bridcutt at £2m plus Wickham on loan" or "Bridcutt at £2m and Wickham in a swap for Bridcutt (so no sell-on fee to Watford)" depending on which northern sister paper to the Argus you read.
Nothing in tbe Argus though :lolol:

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
QUOTE=Marshy;6157025]Is it just me but I really cant see us taking Wickham.

Where will he play ?..... surely he would have to play the Ulloa role... and we already have Obika as back up for that.

At the moment he would TAKE the Ulloa role :ohmy:[/QUOTE]

Dont be ridiculous, the man has had a couple of average games since returning from injury thats all

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It's either "Bridcutt at £2m plus Wickham on loan" or "Bridcutt at £2m and Wickham in a swap for Bridcutt (so no sell-on fee to Watford)" depending on which northern sister paper to the Argus you read.

I doubt they'd be that thick :lolol:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
At the moment he would TAKE the Ulloa role :ohmy:

Dont be ridiculous, the man has had a couple of average games since returning from injury thats all

and Wickham has scored 8 in 11 in a poor team, so why is it ridiculous to suggest Wickham would be first choice at the moment?

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
As I've said before there is NO chance ulloa will leave for anything less than £8.5m + when we paid 4m euros for him.

Sunderland would not gamble this price on him.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
You'd have to fancy our chances next season if not this season, with Ulloa and Wickham, CMS returning and possibly even Hoskins.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Buckley & Bricutt out, Wickham & Conway in, it's a no brainer.
Where does Barnes and to a lesser extent El Abd fit into that equation?
Not to mention the massive hole left by Crofts.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Reallly surprised that no one is after Lua Lua, on his day which is becoming more frequent under the new boss, he is streets better than Buckley.

saying that, gutted to see either Bridcutt or Buckley go as both are very good players and we seem to be weakening our squad massively and not improving it at all which is a massive concern coming into the 2nd half of the season. I can see this all going pear shaped as we seem to struggle to get players to sign for some reason or other, Imagine Bridcutt and Buckely and we don't get anyone in.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Blimey. This ridiculous transfer might actually happen?

If we managed to seel a defensive midfielder and an injured winger for an exciting striker I would be DELIGHTED.

If we managed to get money AS WELL then I would just :lolol:

Let me be clear. This isn't slating Bridders and Will because they may be offski. I like them both A LOT. But Bridders will never be a "match winner" and Will is sadly far too injury-prone. To get Wickham as a "sweetner" in any deal would be phenomenal.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Where does Barnes and to a lesser extent El Abd fit into that equation?
Not to mention the massive hole left by Crofts.

Doubt we'd need another striker, we'd have three plus the returning duo, we have plenty of centre mids, I wouldn't prioritise that as much as others are personally, as for an additional CB I agree we still need to find one at the right price.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

sorry but where does Watford feature in that equation..i'm lost

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The most important thing is scoring goals, Wickham is top quality in the championship, better than Barnes IMHO. Love Buckley - Hate his injury record and sudden loses of form. Bridcutt has been gone in spirit fir quite some time now; the player from the last two seasons will be sorely missed.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I would love us to get Wickham if possible, would be our best signing for years IMO.

If there is any chance of this deal happening we need to try and push it through. We desperately need a quality striker and I'm not that worried about losing Buckley as we still have Lopez, Lua Lua, Orlandi, March and maybe Monakana who all play wide. If we can get Conway also that would be a bonus.

We do however desperately need to get hold of another centre mid somehow after losing Crofts and Bridcutt. JFC is not filling me with confidence at all this season (I appreciate he is very young and still learning though) and I doubt Andrews will be able to play every game.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
But Bridders will never be a "match winner"
Other than all those games we won 1-0 or by the odd goal, as a direct result of Bridders 'keeping us in it'.
When exposed by his absence, the defence used to look shocking.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
I think there's perhaps an element of downplaying Bridder's (in particular) value to the club simply because we have accepted that he is going. An Ince and Bridcutt midfield pairing would have been sensational. And Will Buckley, at his best, is unplayable. I rather suspect that if they do both leave that in a couple of years time there will be revisionism on here due to vastly inflated transfer values. Having said that, it's up to the club to do the best deal available to us and Wickham would be a welcome addition, especially if it is a permanent signing at a realistic wage.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here