Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Connor Wickham

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Its impossible to judge Obika until he is given a few consecutive starts.
How the Hell can he begin to fit in if he isn't given a chance.

If ever there was a need to bring Obika on and give him 30mins, it was Monday night. It didn't happen, so it don't look like it's going to happen. Unless someone gets injured or suspended.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'm annoyed at Wickham joining Leeds. Having dealt with Sunderland re Bridcutt we could have had the inside track on this move. I'd rather have had him and no Obika / Spanish Rodney, I doubt whether that would have cost any more.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
and what has he done for us ?

In the space of the 25 or so minutes he's played in about 5/6 games ?
Not a lot , so he MUST be terrible eh ? FFS :ffsparr:

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
I'm annoyed at Wickham joining Leeds. Having dealt with Sunderland re Bridcutt we could have had the inside track on this move. I'd rather have had him and no Obika / Spanish Rodney, I doubt whether that would have cost any more.

This. It is so frustrating seeing our rivals picking up reasonable players and we seem to get dregs.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

Wickham was noted for being particularly useless when Sunderland came to the Amex and he went by completely unnoticed for Wednesday.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
If ever there was a need to bring Obika on and give him 30mins, it was Monday night. It didn't happen, so it don't look like it's going to happen. Unless someone gets injured or suspended.

He got, I believe, about 1 1/2 minutes on Monday night so he is obviously shit and a terrible player as he didn't score at least two goals in that huge amount of time he was given !! :ffsparr:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Wickham was noted for being particularly useless when Sunderland came to the Amex and he went by completely unnoticed for Wednesday.

The guy is still not 21 but has bagged 8 Championship goals this season in a rubbish side. Young players can kick on quite suddenly, he's a decent player. Obviously, with us having now signed Lingard, things have changed. That said, I feel there's next to no chance of hanging on to Lingard post-loan whereas at least Leeds and Cellino might have a shot with Wickham.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here