Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Banner in support of No to Hull Tigers campaign ???

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
90% of this topic would be delighted to know that the SWC are doing "something" to protest on behalf of Hull during tonights game.

We Are The SWC ‏@WeAreTheSWC 10m
19 mins into tonight's game #bhafc and #hcfc fans in Sth stand will protest about plans to rename them Hull Tigers #SWC #FansUnited Pls RT

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Small orange banner appeared in the North Stand before the game, and then again in the 19th minute.

In the South West corner a bigger, more Hull official looking banner appeared at the same time.

That was it in a nutshell. Went to take a pic of both but I wasn't quick enough.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Was a bit crap wasn't it...

'City til July, City til July' etc

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
IF that vote wasn't as bent as an African election, then that's pathetic. 2/3 of STHs not voting is apathy on a grand scale.

Those who do nothing deserve all they get.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I don't believe those results for a second.

No independent verification, not an anonymous ballot, loaded questions - all total rubbish. But then I'd have thought that whatever the result. A referendum of little merit.

What were these loaded questions?

The SayNotoTigers campaign collected 13,824 signatures - just scanning the signatures, there seem to be a large proportion of fans from other clubs signing it.

Were these campaigners a noisy minority?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It was a poll Putin would have been proud of.

Loaded options ( name change and the Allams not selling up as a joint option ).

Voters' ST number / name on each ballot paper, leaving open the possibility of future 'consequences' of your vote.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
The question was loaded to imply that voting No would result in mean the Allam family walking away - as they had threatened to do.

Please choose one of the following...

• Yes to Hull Tigers with the Allam family continuing to lead the club.

• No to Hull Tigers.

• I am not too concerned and will continue to support the club either way.

http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/Hull...-says-loaded/story-20841707-detail/story.html

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It just required a simple Yes or No. This circumstance reminds me why I am so relieved that we have a lifelong Albion fan running are club. And also that the famous 'not for profit' clause was re-inserted all those years ago.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here