Wickham recalled by Sunderland

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
This doesn't work for us does it ?

Wickham for Bridcutt + Buckley works.

Wickham for Ulloa works.

So surely it's Wickham + another(loads of cash) for all 3 ???

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Sunderland message board seemed of the opinion he'd been recalled to play, then someone posted this tweet from a Yorkshire Post journalist.

@Gledi57: Sounds like #swfc loan striker Connor Wickham could well be part of a swap deal for Brighton players going to Sunderland.

@Gledi57: [MENTION=12834]glenn[/MENTION]Richards2 [MENTION=12534]leeds[/MENTION]United_MAD Brighton look favourites - Sunderland want three of their players

Who's the 3rd?

Westoe SAFC, 34 minutes ago

That Gledi57 lad is the Assistant Sports Editor at the Yorkshire Post.

They wouldn't get 3 of our players for Wickham! Not if those players are Leo, Liam, Will anyway. No way.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Please not Leo :(

I will always thank Gus for what he did for the club but trying to sign 3 if our best players in January it's quite disrespectful in all honesty.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Sunderland message board seemed of the opinion he'd been recalled to play, then someone posted this tweet from a Yorkshire Post journalist.

@Gledi57: Sounds like #swfc loan striker Connor Wickham could well be part of a swap deal for Brighton players going to Sunderland.

@Gledi57: [MENTION=12834]glenn[/MENTION]Richards2 [MENTION=12534]leeds[/MENTION]United_MAD Brighton look favourites - Sunderland want three of their players

Who's the 3rd?

See he's names Ulloa as the third now.

If we lose Buckley, Bridcutt and Leo to Sunderland the club have ALOT of work to do over the next week and subsequent 5 months to assure the fans all is well.

Surely those three must be worth £10m though.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
See he's names Ulloa as the third now.

If we lose Buckley, Bridcutt and Leo to Sunderland the club have ALOT of work to do over the next week and subsequent 5 months to assure the fans all is well.

Surely those three must be worth £10m though.

I suppose you'd hope we'd get £3m for Liam + maybe £5m for Leo and £1.5 for WIll so, yeah, £9.5m

I'll take Wickham +£5.5m. Ta.

Last edited:

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
With the best will in the world - why would a guy from the Yorkshire Post know what is going to happen? SUndrland and Brighton are some way from Yorkshire and I doubt he got a full briefing from Wickham when he left Sheffield.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I suppose you'd hope we'd get £3m for Liam + maybe £5 for Leo and £1.5 for WIll so, yeah, £9.5m

I'll take Wickham +£5.5m. Ta.

Liam is about £4M
They've already offered £1.75M for Will, so £2M min.
Ulloa, £5-7M?

£11-13M total, less Wickham (say £5M), hence £6-8M + Wickham.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Just asked a Sunderland fan I work with with about this. He seems to think there's no way they'd let Wickham go permanently, maybe on loan, and that he's only been recalled because of an injury to Fletcher.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
The weird thing is how COMFORTABLE I was valuing Will at that relatively low amount.

He is, in my opinion, our most dangerous player. Sadly the injuries make his price lower than the true reflection of his talent in my view.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
With the best will in the world - why would a guy from the Yorkshire Post know what is going to happen? SUndrland and Brighton are some way from Yorkshire and I doubt he got a full briefing from Wickham when he left Sheffield.

Exactly, it's just more bollicks to keep NSC populated with posts and thus the NSC sponsors happy with the amount of traffic on here. Bozza concocts and disseminates these stupid rumours around various press associations nationwide to see if anyone bites.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Who's the 3rd?

Has Rokerite passed this info on from last week's NSC?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Sheffield has it's own paper the Star, so the Yorkshire Post wouldn't get first hand knowledge.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here