Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wickham recalled by Sunderland

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Would Gus rate Ulloa higher than Wickham?

More to the point, does Gus want Liam more than he wants to keep Wickham? OR does Gus want Liam more than he wants to keep £4M?

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I would've thought, given his wages probably being fairly high as well as any potential fee, he'll be off to either Forest or QPR. We all know they couldn't give a flying f*ck about FFP.

Would also think his wages are way above our limit, forest Qpr or Leicester would seem more appropiate

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Would also think his wages are way above our limit, forest Qpr or Leicester would seem more appropiate

The more I think about this the less likely it seems that he will head our way. Looking forward to being shocked with the good news.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I hear Nottingham Forest are in the market for a striker as they desperately need more strikers. Wickham will not be coming here anyway, delusional to think they'd give him to us in exchange for Bridcutt, also how would he fit into our team exactly? We don't play 2 up top and Ulloa is our main striker... It just wouldn't make sense why we'd want him for me but there you go

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I hear Nottingham Forest are in the market for a striker as they desperately need more strikers. Wickham will not be coming here anyway, delusional to think they'd give him to us in exchange for Bridcutt, also how would he fit into our team exactly? We don't play 2 up top and Ulloa is our main striker... It just wouldn't make sense why we'd want him for me but there you go
Goals are sort of handy if you want promotion though

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Wickham to play wide right or left?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Leicester have just acquired Phillips, so they've got even more strikers than Forest. QPR would appear to be the move of choice - they rely totally on Austin.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Goals are sort of handy if you want promotion though

Obviously. But if we play 1 up front it would mean having to choose between Ulloa & Wickham therefore I don't see the need for him that much, considering his big value & wages.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Obviously. But if we play 1 up front it would mean having to choose between Ulloa & Wickham therefore I don't see the need for him that much, considering his big value & wages.

Would be nice to have him come off the bench and score sometimes, start sometimes, and maybe we might even play him and Leo sometimes.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Would be nice to have him come off the bench and score sometimes, start sometimes, and maybe we might even play him and Leo sometimes.

A 5 million rated player on high wages to come off the bench? I don't think that's the best financial plan. I am a fan of Wickham he's a really good player but like I said given the high wages and high value, I don't see the 'value' in us getting him.

Only way I could ever see this happening is if Leo was going, don't see why Wickham would sign for us if he wasn't going to be the 'main man'

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
We would only possibly get Wickham if Ulloa went. Simples

I disagree. I still don't think we've established our best front 3. And Oscar has repeatedly stated we need to be more clinical upfront. I suspect Wickham would provide that, possibly playing with Ulloa.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Sunderland message board seemed of the opinion he'd been recalled to play, then someone posted this tweet from a Yorkshire Post journalist.

@Gledi57: Sounds like #swfc loan striker Connor Wickham could well be part of a swap deal for Brighton players going to Sunderland.

@Gledi57: [MENTION=12834]glenn[/MENTION]Richards2 [MENTION=12534]leeds[/MENTION]United_MAD Brighton look favourites - Sunderland want three of their players

Who's the 3rd?

Westoe SAFC, 34 minutes ago

That Gledi57 lad is the Assistant Sports Editor at the Yorkshire Post.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Fitness Garage ‏@fitnessgarageuk Jan 24
Get following @fitnessgarageuk to have a chance of winning a Training Water-Bottle signed by [MENTION=15231]connor[/MENTION]Wickham10 #SWFC pic.twitter.com/xZqjynT1ey
Retweeted by Connor Wickham

WOW

That'll be it, you know. We won't be anywhere near Wickham's wages, but we will get the signed water bottle :thumbsup:

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
Sunderland message board seemed of the opinion he'd been recalled to play, then someone posted this tweet from a Yorkshire Post journalist.

@Gledi57: Sounds like #swfc loan striker Connor Wickham could well be part of a swap deal for Brighton players going to Sunderland.

@Gledi57: [MENTION=12834]glenn[/MENTION]Richards2 [MENTION=12534]leeds[/MENTION]United_MAD Brighton look favourites - Sunderland want three of their players

Who's the 3rd?

Westoe SAFC, 34 minutes ago

That Gledi57 lad is the Assistant Sports Editor at the Yorkshire Post.

Ulloa.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here