Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wickham recalled by Sunderland

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
And I would think Koosh is also Gus list

I think hes interested in Koosh, Bridders, Buckley and Ulloa.

Its going to be a mental 4 days !.... I bloody love the transfer window.... Im so looking forward to Friday nights mayhem

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
Wickham would be a great signing but is out of our price range on transfer fee and wages unfortunately.

Very much this.

I think it would be a good deal if we lowered our valuation on Bridcutt if it allow Wickham to join us for the remainder of the season though. Something like £4m and Wickham on a 6 month loan (wages paid by Sunderland).

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
And I would think Koosh is also Gus list

I think hes interested in Koosh, Bridders, Buckley and Ulloa.

Its going to be a mental 4 days !.... I bloody love the transfer window.... Im so looking forward to Friday nights mayhem

Hasn't Gus gone after an Argentinian keeper from Spain? Doubt he's after Koosh as well. Plus I know we all rate him but is he really going to be no.1 at a premier league club? Doubtful IMO

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Surely the player has a pretty big say in where they go these days, and you would hope he is desperate enough to play 1st Team football that the dozen strikers already at the City Ground would make him nervous. His chances of playing regularly - something he desperately needs - would be far better here.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Finally allowing a team to play the dream formation of 0-0-10...total football!

Not attacking enough - the goalkeeper must score goals !!

Havent you read the handbook on football management like Forest ? Mind you, it is written by a certain Vincent Tan of Cardiff.

Hasn't Gus gone after an Argentinian keeper from Spain? Doubt he's after Koosh as well. Plus I know we all rate him but is he really going to be no.1 at a premier league club? Doubtful IMO

Yes, Oscar Ustari from Almeria - played for them vs Kidderminster.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Wickham's certainly going somewhere. Forest would be a good move for him in theory, but in practice they have so many strikers there's no guarantee he'd be playing regularly. I don't see the acquisition cost being a problem if Bridcutt is part of the deal, but he'd certainly be one of our top earners if he did come here, and that might piss off one or two players.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Have to say I can see Wickham coming here (makes sense, we need a striker) and Liam going there (makes sense, Gus clearly wants him) happening. A relatively minor cash adjustment required I guess, and Wickham's wages a bit of a worry, but must be a chance, surely?

mac04

Nov 15, 2011
RH12
According to the BBC transfers page, Forest have't actually signed anyone this transfer window yet. In fact, they have one less striker than at the start of the month (Ishmail Miller to Yeovil).

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Have to say I can see Wickham coming here (makes sense, we need a striker) and Liam going there (makes sense, Gus clearly wants him) happening. A relatively minor cash adjustment required I guess, and Wickham's wages a bit of a worry, but must be a chance, surely?

Possibly here on a loan deal for the rest of the season with an agreed, lower fee that we could pay in the Summer and until then Sunderland pay the majority of the wages. If we were promoted, we could afford his higher wages. Short term its good for us, especially if Sunderland dont want to completely let him go now.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Is it time to offer TB the negotiating skills of NSC members to sort this transfer window out? :lolol:

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Fitness Garage ‏@fitnessgarageuk Jan 24
Get following @fitnessgarageuk to have a chance of winning a Training Water-Bottle signed by [MENTION=15231]connor[/MENTION]Wickham10 #SWFC pic.twitter.com/xZqjynT1ey
Retweeted by Connor Wickham

WOW

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Why would Wickham want another loan deal at a different Championship club? He's happy at Wednesday and scoring for fun, he's proved he's a handful in this division and he's regained his form. Either Gus brings him back and keeps him or sells him while his stock is high.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Possibly here on a loan deal for the rest of the season with an agreed, lower fee that we could pay in the Summer and until then Sunderland pay the majority of the wages. If we were promoted, we could afford his higher wages. Short term its good for us, especially if Sunderland dont want to completely let him go now.

I would suggest that the players (fee) values would be similar, and it makes sense for Wickham to leave Sunderland on a permanent deal (he ain't gonna force his way in there). Still, if Gus wants to come up with £4M, then I'm sure we'll be happy with that too! ;-)

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Is it time to offer TB the negotiating skills of NSC members to sort this transfer window out? :lolol:

Well, it MIGHT improve things, I suppose! ???:moo::lolol:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
This forest situation is starting to match the thought that teams are filling their playing squads so if they have a transfer embargo put on them, they have enough players to keep them selves going.

It's piss take.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here