Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion offer rejected - Mustafa Carayol

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
If Buckley leaves we're only left with LuaLua and March. Admittedly Orlandi and Dave play there but they're not out and out wingers.

Don't forget Monokana.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Like the idea of Monokana, Carayol, Ince. Quick, direct, skilful. Nice.

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
Unless a fee has been openly suggested by the selling club prior to bids.

A LOT of first bids in football are accepted. Did Man Utd reject any offer from Chelsea for Mata? Nope. And he went for a very specific amount of £37.1m in the end. That's not a random bid by Man Utd. That's an agreed fee.

Often a lot of discussions take place before an "official" first bid is lodged.

You're right, well in the fact that the very specific figure isn't random! The figure actually equates to 45m EURO and is the total amount allowed by Premier League teams to be over FFP this season.

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
Not convinced by the player. It really depends on how much we are/were offering for him. What is does suggest to me, is that Buckley is off.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Carryol my wayward son
There'll be goals when you are done
Show your flair and do you're best
We really hope you score

(air guitar)
Der der der. der der der der.
Der der . der der.

Nice one. But I suspect the prog rock Kansas classic reference might be lost on the bulk of our support :thumbsup:

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
It appears unlikely that Middlesborough would sell. Is it just me or does our transfer strategy seem to be all over the place this January. We seem to be bidding for players who either won't come to us or that are not for sale.

Well at least that guarantee's we don't get anyone, reminds me of the Dick knight era

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Back on the original theme, Carayol seems to be mates with Kemy Agustein.

I have no idea whether that would help or hinder a proposed move though, it's not exactly gone swimmingly for Kemy since he's been here.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Back on the original theme, Carayol seems to be mates with Kemy Agustein.

I have no idea whether that would help or hinder a proposed move though, it's not exactly gone swimmingly for Kemy since he's been here.

This could be another genius bit of forward planning akin to enticing Vicente here just so we could bag Bruno.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I think you know as well as me there is another quality they all share that is something we ALL want to see more of in our team.

My word, I absolutely adore a big, hunky, glistening black man on a football pitch.

Always THE greatest post on NSC whenever The Complete Nadger puts it up. Legendary stuff. :bowdown:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here