Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion offer rejected - Mustafa Carayol

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
It appears unlikely that Middlesborough would sell. Is it just me or does our transfer strategy seem to be all over the place this January. We seem to be bidding for players who either won't come to us or that are not for sale.

Jimmy Grimble

Shame, he would be excellent. We seem to be being turned down quite a lot... Love him or loathe him, I do wonder if Poyet had more of the magic touch in persuading players to join us.

Err. This is a club turning us down, not the player. Did Poyet used to sweet talk chairmen into accepting lower offers for their players? I don't think so.

Last edited:

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
It appears unlikely that Middlesborough would sell. Is it just me or does our transfer strategy seem to be all over the place this January. We seem to be bidding for players who either won't come to us or that are not for sale.

If you want to make signings that will be beneficial to the squad they're going to be quite a few rejections. I'm sure we could sign some league 1 players quite happily but would most of them improve our first team?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Carryol my wayward son
There'll be goals when you are done
Show your flair and do you're best
We really hope you score

(air guitar)
Der der der. der der der der.
Der der . der der.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
How the hell am I supposed to concentrate on working when all this is going on and I keep nipping back to see if we have been slapped in the face with a wet fish again or if somebody actually wants to come here. It's going to go on like this all week isn't it :nono:

Jimmy Grimble

To put a positive spin on it... hopefully BHAFC have had some kind of indication that Carayol wants out, and are therefore putting a bid in to unsettle the player and make him further aware of our interest and intent to sign him...

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Not sure why anyone would expect us to have our first bid accepted? For a kick off it would suggest we have offered too much money?!!!

First offers are as much about establishing an interest and possibly a price at which the other club would sell. They might value him at more than we are prepared to pay or he might not be willing to come but this is early days.

The offer may even be a warning to Conway that we have other options?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Not sure why anyone would expect us to have our first bid accepted? For a kick off it would suggest we have offered too much money?!!!

Unless a fee has been openly suggested by the selling club prior to bids.

A LOT of first bids in football are accepted. Did Man Utd reject any offer from Chelsea for Mata? Nope. And he went for a very specific amount of £37.1m in the end. That's not a random bid by Man Utd. That's an agreed fee.

Often a lot of discussions take place before an "official" first bid is lodged.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
With Orlandi, Lua Lua, March and Buckley already at the club I'd be surprised if we'd be hunting for Conway AND Carayol. May suggest the Conway deal has stalled?

Orlandi isn't a winger. Buckley and LuaLua are CONSTANTLY injured and March is too young to burden with too much responsibility now. We definitely need at least 1 more winger, ideally want 4 at the club.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here